Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN restoration

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
hi all .......................so iam getting my beloved 1989 5ltr Berlina wagon restored by Brad from south coast restorations...bare metal respray plus upholstery as well....she was left out in the sun for many years in the ACT so most of the plastic bits inside went brittle but the upside being a ACT car , no rust bar a couple of little spots under the roof trim .ive already had the motor rebuilt , by Paul from Horsepowerheaven in Nowra...ive farmed out all the work on this car as iam an old bugger and my back is shot plus i want the job done once and done right. Its no show car as well as it wont be completely original specs as she left the factory with an Auto transmisson but now has the ole T5 and i replaced the old 14'' with 16 '' VT wheels. here is a pic taken a few weeks ago ..she is now just about ready to have the colour applied...what colour?????......wild mulberry of course....first pic taken last year some time
IMG_9982.PNG
IMG_2358.jpg
IMG_2396.jpg

Last edited:

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
ive been lucky with this car as its basically rust free but the bonnet had come away from the sub frame...lucky for me, one of my boys hunted down a mint one for $100........ its the interior plastic surrounds that were toast ....Brad has been exceptional with this job and hunted down some nice interior bits for the rear......... more to come

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
ive been lucky with this car as its basically rust free........

Yes,the VN are usually good for rust unless parked in the weather for 20 years,good Cr content in the steel.

Good luck with the restoration,you will have a nice car.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
I'll be looking out for your smart looking VN wagon around the area as I'm in Nowra too.
My VP looks pretty rough n ready. Just went through rego check on Monday except for needing new rear lights (cos the ones I put in 10 years ago have faded) and new bulbs in the rear numberplate lights. Just waiting on the new rear lights to arrive.

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
this is base coat on the shell...waiting now for clear....yum yum wild mulberrys

IMG_2716 (1).jpg
IMG_2718.jpg
IMG_2717.jpg

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Well I'm envious. My poor old girl could do with some special treatment like that! Looking great!
PS. Is that acrylic?

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
Well I'm envious. My poor old girl could do with some special treatment like that! Looking great!
PS. Is that acrylic?
i think they use all water base stuff now...........................nup just found out its solvent based with lowvoc clear which apparently is good for UV and holds up the gloss nicely

Last edited: