Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN S1 Production Saloon

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
hey mister stock chip in a stock computor :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
hahaha stock code with tweaks :nutkick: if they really bothered by it

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all, no updates for a while due to the car being practically buried under shed junk while i've been doing other stuff. A pair of V6 heads for a stockcar have been ported and now another pair is progressing nicely for delcowizzid, then theres a wee A12 datsun motor for a ministock to pull finger and rebuild, meantime i had to rewire my car trailer no thanks to our black labrador pup.

The dates for the new upcoming season are posted here Gisborne Speedway Club Inc » Calander so best i get off my lazy arse and do something!!!

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
and i still really want to get my hands on headers. i've seen them on a couple of VP utes and on a VR SV6 that the owners would'nt part with, not too fussed on the y-pipe as exhaust is free from the first flange and if time allows i want to make myself a termination box for a new system.

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got held up on other jobs last weekend so i pulled off/out all the crap that had accumulated on/in 34G over the last six months hit the starter and drove it out to the carport where the girls gave me a hand washing it, i jacked it up and waterblasted the remains of last season off. Chucked it on the trailer and went down to the weighbridge for greensheeting - she flew through apart from me forgetting my helmet for checking head clearance and take my wheels off to get the rims stamped for the season. Which would be able to be signed off at the track pre practice

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
got it dirty again yet

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
Friday night i set up a strut with a disc on it in my bench vice and checked all my rims for true - only had to swap out one and flip over a couple of tyres saturday morning so all good.

Got the car all signed off in good time at the track and made my decision on tyre choice with the slim pickings i have for now and set pressures thinking i was pretty close to the tight setup i had most of last season, first time out on a greasy track confirmed it. Changed to my next smaller 205/65 and put another couple of pounds in the right front for the loss in cross weight and made sure i got myself lined up first on the dummy grid again, no set order and only four Productions out for first practice anyway. Had to be carefull down the back straight as there was a damp patch across 2/3 down that let the back tyres light up just as your getting some real speed on and i nudged the rev limiter a time or two, through the corners it was pointing real well but a bit too tailhappy and i found out the hard way last season this kind of setup is no good when the argy bargy starts. For my last run i left tyres alone and put a bit more cross in it with pressure adjustments and she bloody well flew, i bit untidy through the corners but the squidgey thing behind the steering wheel needs tuning and i was cautious picking up the throttle coming out of four wanting to stay off the wall .

Overall well pleased with how it went and it was a real buzz blowing off the cobwebs.

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
got it dirty again yet
OOOHHHHHHH YYEEAAHHHHHH!!!

Hey mate can you remember what the rev limit is set at in the last tune you sent me? Man i wish i could datalog cos i reckon theres more to be had out of it and plug readings a joke by the time i've burbled off the track and back to my pit

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
Last preseason practice yesterday.

Scored a new tyre for the right rear last week, same size 205/70r15 but a BFG touring T/A, same circumference as the Firestone destination h/t i have been using but 20mm wider footprint so i had high hopes. The track was pretty chopped up and we got sent out first as wheel packers/groomers so all was ****, second session - short story i stuck it in the wall bloody hard and i've got a heap to do before opening meeting of the season on friday night. Bent right side rims at least to replace as well as the planned virtual reskin, repaint and new numbers, have been hoping to do a new exhaust as well but thats not such a priority now.

last_practice_carnage_004small.jpglast_practice_carnage_005small.jpgthis is what i did to the rear last night
last_practice_carnage_006small.jpglast_practice_carnage_007small.jpglast_practice_carnage_009small.jpg battle scars from last season
last_practice_carnage_012small.jpglast_practice_carnage_017small.jpglast_practice_carnage_018small.jpg 'new' replacement panels lol

Last edited: