Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn s2 lack of power.

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl turbo/ vn supercharged
we thought that, but it still doesnt explain my 8.4-8.6 seconds to 100

we're also going to check the flow of the cat converter, swap dfi module, run a belt with no aircon & check fuel pressure, we'll see how that goes

anything im forgetting?

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
just remember when talking about speed and not power less weight is best :thumbsup:
i also run a shorter belt no a/c it defiantly don't labor as much wile revving

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
just remember when talking about speed and not power less weight is best :thumbsup:
i also run a shorter belt no a/c it defiantly don't labor as much wile revving

ok,checked fuel press, did shorter belt and changed dfi, no change. weird thing tho, both mine and my mates car fluctuate, one day they will pull much harder than others? my car will get 100rwhp one day, then on another run itll get 113? and my mates will bounce between 105 and 129?? last nite i couldnt break 104 in his, and 100 in mine. air temp was cold on all runs, same stretch of road.

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
i wouldnt be worrying about changing the box your mate probably has an S1 vn with the better cam.and will be running a lot more timing in the tune if hes running a stock s1 vn memcal.

really? so the stock s1 memcal has more advance, i will put his memcal in my car and go 4 a run. are the cams a different profile between the 2?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yes.......................

Jordo2

Reaction score
Members Ride
just had injectors cleaned, checked cat still no change, with these last 2 i have now checked or changed everything incl the orig driveline swap. ive had enough so think i'll just get rid of this pile of crap and stick with my vl turbo. pity tho vn looks great. thanks to everyone for the help uve given.:thumbsup:

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
clean fuel tank, fuel filter, fuel pump, injectors, fuel rails and fuel pressure could all do with checking.

maybe put some new trans oil in.

i cant think of much else.

my stock +random chip VN runs under 8s to 100k.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
1H on the filter is a real early knock filter too they dont matter too much though

Both the VN S1 S2 and VP use the 1H board. VR's use 1U, V8s use 1F :) at least in Australia. I also have one 2H but I don't know where I got that from, maybe some American memcal

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
really? so the stock s1 memcal has more advance, i will put his memcal in my car and go 4 a run. are the cams a different profile between the 2?

The very eary S1's had a shorter duration cam with more lift (strong bottom end), the later engines have more duration (more top end power). In the end there's less difference between them cam wise than you see in individual cars due to be worn out/stuffed etc so it doesn't really matter. A brand new VN and VP both run about the same to 100