Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Sedan Front camber

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S Pac...(S for sexy)
School is for ******* around. Making adjustments on cars that have the potential to turn it into a death trap if done wrong is not ******* around.

And just remember you posted the off topic poll, poll deleted. IF you want to talk smack then take it to the pub but keep it out of the technical sections!

BTW, defeating the swear filter is against forum rules!
I didnt realise it was against the rules, i just did it to say it without saying it... kinda
Maybe my car is a death trap already and i dont have the money to get it professionally done
And like i sad, the poll was a joke, it meant no harm and was only for some fun

It'll end up being false economy. Guaranteed you wont get it close enough trying to eyeball and guesstimate measurements and will end up chewing out your new tyres quicker, costing you more in the long run. Just because a car is tracking straight doesnt mean the toe measurements are correct.

Shop around, anyone doing front end alignments for more than $50 is ripping people a new asshole.
Close enough is good enough for me for the mean time
I have a tape measure, so won that get me close enough?
I dont have new tyres (sorry if i made it sound like i did), i have already rotated them and they are bald on the inside, and it isnt tracking straight, it pulls to the right
Ill shop around, one asshole is enough

Burning Rubber never listens to people that have knowledge and to do things the right way. Best let him go for it and scrub out a set of tyres and then he might realise that cars cost money..... ;);)
\
losh i come here to ask for the way to do it from people who know, i would listen to them and take it to a proffessional if i had the money to do it, and that was what i was going to do before, well i had no money, if i still have tyres by the end of this week, ill go see the proffessioal
Cars dont cost money, aeroplanes do....in a manner of speaking
I grew up in the aircraft and car industry fixing both, i know everything cost alot
That didnt come out right

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I grew up in the aircraft and car industry fixing both
The few aircraft blokes I've come across fix everything properly with their logic being you can't push a plane they pay the same respect to their cars and fellow road users. Why is the alignment out whats rooted or whats been touched an alignment wont cost much more than a tank of fuel . Stay off the smokes piss drugs and don't go near the TAB. Money don't make a bloke happy but it makes misery more enjoyable.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So to get the most camber, i have the centre towards the firewall/facing out a bit?
Least camber would be the opposite?
What about the plate between the spring and the bearing plate? How do i have that for the least camber?
Trouble is as well i dont have a working jack :rolleyes:
I have adjusted toe before, on an old inta, tape measure required

Know anyone in Toowoomba area have a VN steering column they dont want?

If you don't have a jack, you can't adjust camber.

The plate between the spring and bearing plate just holds the spring in place.....Seeing you have the bearing plate in the position you have, that will be the best you will get the camber.

Have you checked for a bent strut? How much toe have you got? About what sort of kays have you got before scrubbing the inner edges?

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It'll end up being false economy. Guaranteed you wont get it close enough trying to eyeball and guesstimate measurements and will end up chewing out your new tyres quicker, costing you more in the long run. Just because a car is tracking straight doesnt mean the toe measurements are correct.

Shop around, anyone doing front end alignments for more than $50 is ripping people a new asshole.

Shopping around is a great idea....Strangely enough, the number of people I have had come in, that have been told you can't adjust camber and caster with this era commodore is huge.....Then there are the ones that have been told, you have to buy adjustable bearing plates and others that are told, it will cost extra to adjust.

So finding the correct place may prove hard, but persistance pays off in the end