Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn sv le

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
Hi guys, just picked up my new toy. It's a genuine VN SV LE, number 30 out of 110 made. It's a 5 speed manual and the motor has been tweeked. It has front damage but I will be getting it repaired by a panel shop. Paid $1500 for it.

Attachments

• VN SV LE (7).jpg
    VN SV LE (7).jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 1,693
  • VN SV LE (14).jpg
    VN SV LE (14).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,960
  • VN SV LE (9).jpg
    VN SV LE (9).jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,228
  • VN SV LE (11).jpg
    VN SV LE (11).jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 1,072

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
ide swap everything into a vn dash pad and all will be easier

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Apart from the minor front end damage (can be easily fixed too) looks like a good buy.

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
The damage is not pretty, but the panel beater says it is a common repair. I would rather pay to repair it and keep it alive than scrap it. Too many older Aussie cars are stripped for parts and gone. I want to restore number 30 to its former glory. Who knows, maybe one day people will remember that very Limited Edition VN model, and wonder where they all are. 110 were made 21 years ago and I wonder how many are remaining.Mine will be with me and my family and it will be enjoyed by all of us. My kids already want it!

kitted vp

project vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted vp exec wagon
dont meen to sound like a wraith but nobody wanted them then just like the sv 3800 and nobody wants them now! sorry to burst the bubble but they were just a plight to earn extra cash back then and they didnt work then and they still arent any more rare or wanted now! maybe if you lived in nz they would be a little more sought after

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Are those the wheels the came out with? What extras were fitted to them from factory?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
dont meen to sound like a wraith but nobody wanted them then just like the sv 3800 and nobody wants them now! sorry to burst the bubble but they were just a plight to earn extra cash back then and they didnt work then and they still arent any more rare or wanted now! maybe if you lived in nz they would be a little more sought after

Yes to some people they are junk. Get that all the time.

To the OP - the LE's time will come when only a handful are left on the road. The car will never return any money tho as stated above ^^^ not may wanted them.

But I think they are sexy.

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute

From what those who told me; when HK-T-G Monaros were 20 years old they where worth nothing. These once worthless cars are now fetch big $$$.

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
Yes those are the original wheels, even the spare is matching. The car was based on a Calais so it has all the electrics, etc. It has the big 85 litre fuel tank, LSD, etc. I know they aren't worth big bucks at the moment, but I bought it to enjoy it. The worst thing that can happen is that one day they might become worth something. Look at the price of any old Aussie car now. A plain old Torana or Kingswood fetch good money.