Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn V6 From Now To Wow

J

James Collins

Tell me about that. I have managed to remove the vinyl from one door and ready to recover it. Just thinking on some other options on the door such as speakers, interior lighting in the door, magazine/drink holders? and how to reattach the panel. I don't like those plastic clips that are normally used. I was thinking about using black screws around the side with embossed chrome washers as a feature.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (James Collins @ Dec 28 2003, 12:27 PM) and how to reattach the panel. I don't like those plastic clips that are normally used. I was thinking about using black screws around the side with embossed chrome washers as a feature.
Which panel ?? Is it the door cards or the plastic strips that seperate a 2 toned door skin ?? If your talking about the plastic things that go click click click and then break when remvoing the door skin. If yuo want to use them still, then put the things back in their round plastic holders and put some resin from fibrglass over it in the round bit they are surposed to be in.

I will take a pic in the next week of the doors I am going to do that too, to give you an idea.

J

James Collins

Your door trims sound different to mine. I will post a photo of my trims I am talking about. I am thinking about permanently attaching the door handles then adding padding to make the car much more cummfy which is my aim in the recover.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
talking about door trims, i had to remove the door trim on the driver's side because the window ruber had fallen down and the window came of the rail, after much swearing and heaps of drinks, i finaly got it off and it sure sucks, in mine there was little plastic clips that clip into the door. when i removed it, it simply snaped all but 2 of the clips, as for your susgestion on the black screws and silver washers, i did that simmilar to mine, i used black hex screws (allan key shaped top) and a sliver washer, and it sure does look pretty good, i did it to all the doors and i tell ya, it sure does look mean.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Damn Exec's and their wind up windows. Both mine are off the rails, drivers and passenger side. Like Garth said I'd say the rubber either falls down or wears out and doesnt do it's job. Slamming the door in turn rattles them off. I'm leaving mine for when I fit my Calais interior/dash/central and electric windows.

T

troy5.7

I put a vn group a kit on mine, debadged it lowered it but you really need some big wheels if you want to go down that path at least 17". i also had my bumpers painted, lowered, debadged, and pursuit wheels and it looked good as well it depends how much you want to spend. The best thing you can do for performance is diff gears i would go higher then 3.45 probably 3.7-3.9 and your car will feel a lot quicker

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just some questions.
1. Whats better CAI or Pod filter? Can you have both?
2. What diff does a bigger throttle body make? Is the bigger the better or is it the same as carbies in that u need somethin to suit as bigger can be worse?
3. What size is a standard VN V8 throttle body? Whats recommended for a V6?
4. How much am I looking at for 1? Reco? New?
Thankx very much every1.

J

James Collins

QUOTE (Garth @ Dec 28 2003, 05:56 PM) as for your susgestion on the black screws and silver washers, i did that simmilar to mine, i used black hex screws (allan key shaped top) and a sliver washer, and it sure does look pretty good, i did it to all the doors and i tell ya, it sure does look mean.
Have you got a photo of this?

O

onezero

OSL060: 195? OF COURSE you spun them to buggery!

And yes, retro-fitting kits looks really crappy.

Meanwhile, what's the point of it looking fast, if it doesn't go fast?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I was commenting on Jame's suggestion of running a 195/50/15 tyre combo on OEM 5kg BMW rims. My point was, it would be useless on a snappy VN or anything with over 50rwkws as traction would be a major issue.