Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn v6 turbs? whos done it?

steveabbott

Stevo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN EXEC
Hey guys,
im part the way through building myself up somethin different and was just wondering...
Who has built a buick v6 turbo in Australia, or more WA? Im just tring to figure out wat has been done and wat hasnt because im trying to make my baby stand out from the crowd. Im pretty sure it will when its done, but who
has already done it and to what extent is the work they have done on it
ie
fuel system
trans
turb set up in general?
any details on what has been heard of would make mt day
cheers
Stevo

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Stevo it's been done a million times but not many run very well. The success rate tends to run exactly equal to the intelligence of the owner doing the install.

Big injectors (36lb+), big intercooler, and a 2 bar map sensor and 2 bar tune + your general turbo and piping bolted on will make it work how it should. I don't think it's a very wise thing to attempt myself just due to there being better options around

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
What would be the best option in your opinion for a V6, apart from getting a v8,
FI? i'm tossing up between SC14 SC or doing heads cam work ect and will cost around the same but will get more out of Supercharging

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I always had ideas for the perfect turbo setup... High mount passenger side strut tower, joiner pipe headwrapped alone firewall.. 3" dump exhaust.. cooler with water jet spritser on it... can be done easy but doing it properly thats where the money gets ya!

cheers
MaT

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
What would be the best option in your opinion for a V6, apart from getting a v8,
FI? i'm tossing up between SC14 SC or doing heads cam work ect and will cost around the same but will get more out of Supercharging

RB30NA+T, 304 or Super 6 are the 3 sensible choices for decent pace I think, I'm sure you can get a 304 in the car for the same price as exhaust cam heads on a V6

steveabbott

Stevo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN EXEC
i realise its not a new thing to do to the v6, im jusg trying to find out what dramas im goin to face along the way, and if i can save myself from a few headaches

i differ from the rest cos my vn is running a dedicated gas set up and i really need the higher compression and dnt wanna go supercharged for the fact its like the town bike on vns here in perth

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
if you need higher compression, why are you planing a turbo?

steveabbott

Stevo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN EXEC
power down low isnt really an issue, its getting more air into the poor thing up high so i can make the most from lpg

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
you can buy the kits from someone (gogle is your friend) or every now and then brand new kits pop up on ebay, getting it enginneered could be a duanting task but it'd be well worth it