Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN VQ VG VP History Thread

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Nice video. The grey vn looks like my old clubby view my thread..

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah but it may have been changed. I hope it wasnt cause i would regret selling it. But $5000 un reg with blown head gasket is good imo :)

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
Sorry I was saying it couldnt have been yours..just found it strange that the clubbie looks like it has an SS rear spoiler.... What ya reckon

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe it was a vn ss with optional bars maybe for the director special order etc. Its a wired on could be delete side stripes ? Or one of the first test mules. I bet sherer would love the build sheet :) that would be a good decode.

bike bling

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt & ve
Hey shane do you have any info on the sv93 vq's i see the photo you posted has the hsv badge above the radio and not above the glove box also has teh wrong style boot spoiler mine has been in our family since purchase off the orginal owner back in 1999/2000
cheers
jezza'

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Hey shane do you have any info on the sv93 vq's i see the photo you posted has the hsv badge above the radio and not above the glove box also has teh wrong style boot spoiler mine has been in our family since purchase off the orginal owner back in 1999/2000
cheers
jezza'

wanna post up pics of yours then to show whats correct??

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
cheers
jezza'

That boot spoiler was optional. While most wear the 'lip' (that the international borrowed, thanks guys), that ugly spoiler could end up on any of them.
The badge is not original, there is early pics of that car without any badge there.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Now here's an interesting beast... Nissan LD28 (early Patrol ??) diesel in an NZ VN

View attachment 136004

Now to open a can of worms..... Look at the VIN number

View attachment 136005

6H8VNK19DKT103587

The DKT103587 part is interesting

D -Possibly originally a Four banger?
K -Built between 9/88 and 8/89 (Maybe VNGreen should shed some light :D)
T -Assembly plant: Unknown
103587 -The number is also a mystery, the Sequential number on Aussie VNs runs from 292000 to 531000.

Can anyone or some of our New Zealand friends shed some light on the differences, maybe Exports has a different VIN system?

The T = NZ export from memory - assembled in Adelaide. The D is for the 2.6 motor. K correct.

The "T" serial numbers are for the NZ built cars