Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vortech blower and alternator problem please help with ideas

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
I like your ideas thanks heaps !!!if what I have done fails or wants to throw the belt witch it might ill be goin with the make spaces and mounting the alternater differently and looks like ill be able to use the old air con pulley spot on crank pulley to if I move it back towards Motor !!!! but I have just set up the blower tensioner and bolted it to the bottom alternator bracket tell me if use think it will want to throw the belt
1EG7s
1EG7I

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That should work, only way to be sure is to test it.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
think you will find that the belt will want to roll over and it will throw the belt.
if you ran a VT V8 belt setup that would work because they use a flat serpentine belt which wouldnt want to roll over.
just a thought

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
I have a feeling at 7000 rpm it might throw as well !!! Not sure ill test It first but do u know if the pulling of a vt alternator will go onto a vs alternator and would it line up ??? if it throws i might look at if I can make it work I would need heaps of stuff though probley the whole bracket and alternator and new crank pulley and I'd be lucky if the power steering would line up to ,might be easier to make a tensioner puller that fits a bearing that is shaped like a guide pullie on gilma drive thanks for your idea though and ill look into if I can make it work or if others have done it before !!!

gts_215i

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR8
Been through all of this sh#t before...

Do it once and do it right, you don't want a thrown belt to cause major (or minor) problems.

Tried lots of different things, best and easiest solution, was to make up an adaptor (see attachment)

Note: I ran the larger altenator - Attached a few pics to see how it was installed, I have posted two pics because the one with the blower snout pointing to the ground - the altenator can't be seen. Both setups are using the bracket - not very clear - but all I have sorry.

Should also say - it requires a small modification to the supercharger tensioner bracket to make it all work without problems...

Attachments

• P1010067 (2).jpg
    P1010067 (2).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 243
  • P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 237
  • P1010072.jpg
    P1010072.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 250

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Hi mate what exactly have u done with that there are u using that with a bearing and pulley or have u lowered the alternator a bit with that piece it's hard to make out ??? And this is a prick of a problem !!!

gts_215i

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR8
The bracket bolts into the standard altenator location and then the altenator bolts the the lower section of the bracket.

It simply lowers the altenator and also provides more movement. Had to shorten the lower altenator bracket too.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Yep cool looks like it only had to go down 20 mm or so to get enough movement there and I like this idea if this will fix it I'm doin It for sure thank u very much an iv all ready shortened the bottom bracket but it has a hole in it now so ill get another iv I go ur way once again thanks for letting me know how u have solved the same problem before !!!

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
That's a neat idea. Do that, find a Bando belt that fits and you should be right.

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Ive got the belt part sorted but wtf wont the pulleies line up? Is the metal alternator bracket supposed to be removed?? This is doing my head in now...Thought I had it good but the belt is slacker on one side to the other...fml...