Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp break light issues

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
my daughter's VP had faulty earth connections in the tail-light bulb holders. Brake lights worked until the tai lights were switched on but not when the lights were switched on. I watched a licensed mechanic install a new earth connection by drilling up the side of the light fitting, soldering in a new wire and connecting that to the earth wire a short distance back up the wire (to the earth). Very quick and efficient and fixed the problem. Previously the tail-lights had just dimmed when the brakes applied.

jakeydee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais S2 V6
just for all i done some reserch and asked a few mechanics and they have all said most common fault leading to this problem is the switch at the brake peddle either not being depressed as the brakes are applied or that same switch faulting... if you have cruse control you can try the second switch there(Just switch wires over) to check if not short the wires and the brake lights should come on. not for everyone but is a start. mine was faulty switch and i picked a second hand one up for 2$ at the wreckers.