Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP interior colour codes

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
That’s what I think as well.

Been looking at the variety paints store. How many of the 400ml spray cans do you think is required to paint the full length console? I need to do the centre including shifter insert in grey, and the outside in 23i.
I used 1/2 a can to do my glove box inside and out if that gives you a rough indication.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I used 1/2 a can to do my glove box inside and out if that gives you a rough indication.
Ok maybe I’ll get a can each of 23i and 15i, and a can of primer. See how I go.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Re reading this, it’s not likely to be any of the trim colours as they refer to the other coloured areas not these insert pieces. These insert bits are the same colour regardless of the trim code.

Good luck with the match, I saw someone asking the same question on fb (unless that was also you?) but I haven’t seen an answer yet that I would try.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Have you tried contacting a paint supplier to see if they can scan the item to colour match ?

Reactions: Lex

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Re reading this, it’s not likely to be any of the trim colours as they refer to the other coloured areas not these insert pieces. These insert bits are the same colour regardless of the trim code.

Good luck with the match, I saw someone asking the same question on fb (unless that was also you?) but I haven’t seen an answer yet that I would try.

Yeah that was me haha.

I've come to the conclusion that there is no colour code for it.

I wanted to spray the central part of the console (including manual insert and ashtray) the same colour as the radio surround/climate control so it all ties in nicely. The outer part of the console I wanted to spray 23i Steel Blue like the original console.

I'll probably end up spraying the entire console 23i Steel Blue if I can't find a match for this grey colour.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you tried contacting a paint supplier to see if they can scan the item to colour match ?

I called a few in Brisbane who wanted nothing to do with it as soon as I mentioned plastics, so still looking.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I called a few in Brisbane who wanted nothing to do with it as soon as I mentioned plastics, so still looking.

Bunnings also colour match by scan.

Perhaps they could give you the formula and then provide that to the place that @someguy360 used.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bunnings also colour match by scan.

Perhaps they could give you the formula and then provide that to the place that @someguy360 used.
Yes I was thinking about that, probably a good way to get a couple of sample pots to assess the match on a few random bits.