Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp No Spark

dylan720

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp cxommordore
hi my vp commodore has no spark and im not sure why it didi i had it running then turned the motor off then tried to start it again and hen it wouldent start then i checked to see if it had spark and it didnt

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Coil pack / DFI module / CAS / PCM / when there is no spark.
Check for error codes first.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Is it cranking at least?

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
If cranking OK, try with a 7mm socket, remove the DFM wire plug on the side. Corrosion on the pins sometimes causes this and need scraping off. Replace plug, but don't over-tighten, and use Vaso to insulate pins from air, once scraped clean.

Also with plug off, check you are getting 12V at pin 1 (front).

dylan720

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp cxommordore
see i spoke to my uncle about it cause he has done work on it be4 i owned it his siter owned it and he said that somtimes that car does that like u could be driving along then all of a sudden it will just die then in 20minutes it could have spark again so its like got power and spark one minute then none the next. I was wondering if anybody body new how much coil packs are for them thanks.

SikVP3

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP Exec series 2
Could be dodgey plugs dodgey leads, dodgey coil pack dodgey alternator not charging your battery.
replace sparkys and coil pack first, cheap easy job, then see how ya go.

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
he said that somtimes that car does that like u could be driving along then all of a sudden it will just die then in 20minutes it could have spark again so its like got power and spark one minute then none the next.

That was exactly what was happening to me and I already told you what what the possible cause it. Nothing to buy, except if you don't have a 7mm socket. Have you tried it yet? If you are lazy and don't want to scrape off the corrosion, just loosen the 7mm plug bolt and when it happens, just wiggle the plug and it should start again.

See the attached picture. I know the unit in the picture is S1, but it's the same plug for yours.

Attachments

• pins (Small)..jpg
    pins (Small)..jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,532

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
It could be the CAS. When the car does not have spark as i wrote before will be either the DFI MODULE / COIL PACK / CAS / PCM.
Check if the DFI module has power when the car looses spark this signal comes from the PCM its a pink color wire on the DFI.
If there is power then you can rule out the PCM.
Dont go changing parts and guesing you dont fix cars like this. unless you have a donor. Try to get fault codes out of it. Pins 5/6

dylan720

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp cxommordore
oh ok see the thing is is im only young and this is my 1st car and i dnt really no much about them so im doing it all my self so thats y somtimes i get xonfused so sorry avbout that so is that picture is that on the bottem of the coil or where is it exacly cause i couldent seem to find it today when i was looking then ia sked my dad and he said it looks like its on the bottom of the coil but just ask to make sure it is be4 pulling it off just incase it isnt there lol and he cnt really help me cause hes always at work or busy doing other things so im on my own. But thanks heaps for all yours help mate.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
its on the bottom of the coils the plug will have a cover on it pull it off mate. ()Bottom right of the coil you will see a loom going into it)