Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP V6 will not start!!!!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
EFI fuse should cut power to the injectors too if i remember right.and he has power at the injectors

v8supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5.0
Yeah checked /swapped fuses and relays, all good there.Borrowed a workshop manual today and just had a quick read on how to test ignition module ect so i`ll get onto that on the weekend.I`m too angry with the car right now so i`m not going near it!!!
Appreciate the advice so far guys and will let you know how i get on this weekend.
cheers.

v8supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5.0
AHHHH..........it always pays to do things yourself!!!I had a "assistant" check for injector pulse last time while i cranked the engine.Decided to check again myself and surprise surprise i have injector pulse.Decided to check DFI anyway and it`s fine.Lifted injectors out and although they are getting signal they are not spraying.Either they have all died or are all blocked through maybe a dodgey lot of fuel.Taking them to be cleaned /checked this week and see how we go.

v8supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5.0
This whole situation is a joke!!!!!!!!!Just fitted reco injectors and still no petrol is being sprayed.Plenty of fuel going into rail when primed,injectors have power and are getting signal.i have spark......what more does this heap need to start!!!
I wish i could legally put a 186 in it and be done with this electronic rubbish!!!
i`m furious right now.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Is it still starting with a squirt of aerostart?

paytons_dady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp ssv 5 speed ,vs aclaim
change the coil pack on it dude mi mates nr did it we changed the coil pack and she fired straight away

v8supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5.0
yeah still starts with aerostart.....think this is 1 of those 1 in a million problems...just my luck!!!As much as i want to push this car in the dam and put it all down to a bad experience i can`t die wondering why it would never start...In a few weeks time i`ll book it in to the local holder dealer and they can deal with it,....will let you know the outcome !
cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if its running on aerostart it obviously fuel related im thinking fuel pressure/pump you should have fuel coming past the reg when the pump is running pull the pump relay and use a peice of wire to hard wire it on via the relay plug and make sure fuel is getting past the reg should still have fuel coming out there even when the injectors are maxed out so should allways have some flow out if the pump is giving it enough pressure

v8supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5.0
i`ll give that a try ..at the moment there is no fuel going past the reg...i just don`t understand ...new fuel pump/filter/injectors.........when i pulled the old injectors there was fuel sitting on top of them .....just doesn`t make any sense to me.....this engine isn`t showing any signs of starting..........just cranks over