Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP V6 will not start!!!!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you sure the injectors are pulsing if youve replaced the pump and stuff

v8supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5.0
well when i put a test light across the injector plugs the light blinks when the engine is being cranked.The workshop manual tells me that`s exactly what it should be doing.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
could be the DFI/cas not telling the ecu to fire enough pulses or coolant sensor issues

v8supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5.0
In a moment of madness i decided to buy new ignition module and coil packs.Still no start.Car is getting towed to mechanics on monday but i thought i`d have a few more goes at it....I`m leaning towards factory immobiliser now but i`ve done a search and can`t find much on bypassing this system or how to test.
Is there a easy(or hard) way to bypass just so i can rule it out??
cheers.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
key in the passenger door shut area give it a wiggle and see if its starts if it does remove the key and put a new one in or join the wires from it together

v8supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5.0
I don`t have the key for it.....i`ve just finished pulling that switch out.......2 pink wires 2 orange wires......Is it as simple as joining the pinks together then the orange together?
I`m not doing anything `till someone can confirm what goes where as i`m to stupid to work it out for myself,..cheers.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
just looked at what manuals i have and looks like the pink shoud be the ones you want. just try they first.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah mate matching colours join each other

v8supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5.0
Amazing.........just joined the 2 pink wires together and she fired right up!!!!!!!!!Son of a b@#$ overide switch!!!Thanks heaps delcowizzid,centy.........still think this was a very odd problem as everything tested ok........1 last question,what do the orange wires do as they are not connected at the moment and everything seems ok..??

thanks guys
cheers.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
cant remember what the orange are ill find out im ure they should be attached to each other too ill get back to you later least shes running now