Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ staty and SV93

craney

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VQ statesman series 2
hi, whats the differences between the VQ staty and the SV93,eg drivetrain body and availability

and also im looking to buy one of these,so if anybody has one for sale please let me know.i live in the hunter valley NSW

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hmm,well a stato is based on a wagon wheel base and im pretty sure the sv93 was based on a sedan wheelbase (calais most likely).
you pay more for a nice sv93 (if you can find one) over the vq stato which is pretty common in comparison.
i cant really think of anything else to help you out...the sv93 would abviously be hsv enhanced...but in saying that you can get hsv enhanced stato's too.
sorry i cant be of any real help...but hey,i replied at least

S

Senator8

I have a HSV Senator 1992 cardinal red 180kw. In outer northern suburbs of Melbourne.

charjon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman Caprice 5ltr
hey, ive got a VQ caprice, 5ltr, u can buy it cheap!!!!!

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
hmm,well a stato is based on a wagon wheel base and im pretty sure the sv93 was based on a sedan wheelbase (calais most likely).
you pay more for a nice sv93 (if you can find one) over the vq stato which is pretty common in comparison.
i cant really think of anything else to help you out...the sv93 would abviously be hsv enhanced...but in saying that you can get hsv enhanced stato's too.
sorry i cant be of any real help...but hey,i replied at least

Just to clarify this... the SV93 is a LWB (based on statesman)

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Yes, i think they are thinking of an SV91.

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ STATESMAN SV90 VQ CAPRICE WL CAPRICE
hi, whats the differences between the VQ staty and the SV93,eg drivetrain body and availability

and also im looking to buy one of these,so if anybody has one for sale please let me know.i live in the hunter valley NSW

The sv93 is a hsv statesman i think they have a few more kws (180-200 something like that) maybe a little transmission work they also have a bit of a body kit front and rear spoilers wheel arch flares, hsv seats, steering wheel im sure there is other stuff but im no expert. you could also look at sv90 or a 5000i the are also hsv model VQ stato's

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
SV93 is based on VQ! It's longbase, don't know where you got your info from.

Differences off the top of my head.

180kw motor,
different wheels, 16" wheels
minor bodykit based on caprice and ss (has caprice lip and boot spoiler, but bigger side skirts from the ss)
different suspension set up with setup more firm than a statesman (firmer ride)
has fabric on the centre console and door trims where normal statesman has plastics.
different seats (more bolstered) and design different
different door trim desings
hsv badging
hsv dash with 250kmh cut off and HSV logo.

gw08

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vq statesman
statesman

hi i have a 1991 vq statesman and im wonting to no what the diffrence is between a series 1 and 2 and im also looking for a sun roof as the arms on mine are broken

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
hi i have a 1991 vq statesman and im wonting to no what the diffrence between a series 1 and 2

Basicly the SII is a VP spec car.