Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR ACCLAIM or a better type of VR

kezza_4246

Holden Drifter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS 3.8i V6
well i wrote my VR off just the other week and was wondering what should i do?? should i buy the same type of car i used to have or should i buy a different type of VR???? which would be better putting tacho`s , neons wicked system and full body kit on?? plus i want lots of power. suggestions PLEASE..................

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
get a VR Calais. calais should have a tacho in built. power? how deep are your pockets..

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
whats ur budget?
do u want to stay with VRs?
get a VR Senator

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Why don't you buy a VS, It has more power?

kezza_4246

Holden Drifter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS 3.8i V6
well as far as budget 2500 for car upto max of say 3600 used of course but need something that has a good amount of power for drift as stock and can build up but wont put me in debt?? maybe of you could suggest a car with approx price and the best thing to buy first for it eg. sports exaughst kit, full body-kit, performance chip and so on im sorta new to this stuff as i always had people in sydney do me the best deals and cuz they was friends never got hit with install but i need to know what would be my best bet. what i really want is like say a 94 commy model but easy to work with.

N

nathanb

don't all VR's have a tacho as standard? and at least a 3.8l engine?

B

BITE ME!

I have a Vr Berlina and it has plenty of power just stock.
Apparenlty Berlina's had a more powerful engine in them. Says my old man who worked for holden for 20 years.
I have driven my mates VR executive and i can feel the dirfference.

Plus Berlina comes with full electronics, power windows, climate control and trip computer. ALL VERY NICE TO HAVE.
I have a blue one and i installed blue neons under the front dash and it looked mad at night, also put some neons around my pioneer ;) head unit which makes it glow nice.

hope this helped

statesman_vs_s1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman Series 1 V6
For 3500-3600 what ever VR you buy it will be getting pretty tierd
unless you pick up a bargain. If you can get a VS Ecotec they have a power increase of 18kw's factory over the VR V6.

Oh, commodores are not made to drift and you will never do it succesfully.
CAPA use there ute and a flash commodore monaro from memory with supercharged 5.7litre V8's and on a proffesional curcuit they are getting passed by little 4 cylinder Silvias with stock 1.8litre Turbo motors, and naturally as you would imagine thats a compnay with unlimited capital.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
statesman_vs_s1 said:
For 3500-3600 what ever VR you buy it will be getting pretty tierd
unless you pick up a bargain. If you can get a VS Ecotec they have a power increase of 18kw's factory over the VR V6.

Oh, commodores are not made to drift and you will never do it succesfully.
CAPA use there ute and a flash commodore monaro from memory with supercharged 5.7litre V8's and on a proffesional curcuit they are getting passed by little 4 cylinder Silvias with stock 1.8litre Turbo motors, and naturally as you would imagine thats a compnay with unlimited capital.
I think you will find they are actually dominating the Australian drifting scene.........
AirStrike :air:

kezza_4246

Holden Drifter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS 3.8i V6
ok well i know they dont do too well on the scene but im sortta what you call a guy who will try anything when it comes to cars if it cant do it i`ll make it. Thats prolly why i dont have a car now :whistling but beside the point i just found out there is a 1997 VT Commodore down in sydney now when i seen the price I nearly pissed myself :b: ....What would you think the problem with it is if they are selling for $1200 and i know there well above that price everywhere else im a little suspicious about it as a VR is hard too come by at $2200. please help with suggestions anyone they will all help.

P.s. Thank you to everyone for your posts so far they are all helping me in different ways and soon i know with the knowledge i gain from you all i will own a decent car that will be repremanded on the streets if you know what i mean.
kezza is outta here.....................