Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Calais

HGsurf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many Comodores in the driveway
:)
I've only got 2 kids but I seem to have a lot of their mates that come over and play in the shed with there cars and they all say the same thing.

wild@heart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.6
Thanks guys, It is a nice car and drives awesome too.
I'm not the one who will be driving it, I've fixed it up for my daughter.
nathanVS it looks like I've made a twin to yours, have you lowered the VS as I'm thinking the rear needs to come down a tad (it sits high).

I've only lowered the back of my VR Calais and its great, no excessive bounciness and looks awesome, definitely noticeable in the looks department. Hardly any body roll now, before it was shocking though.

HGsurf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmmm I've put the struts & SL fronts in (tire sits just above the guard) but when we put the rear springs in it's raised it more than the standard springs.... the springs have SSL on them but they are higher than the stockies.
So for now it's got a massive high bum (looks weird) and I'll swap them over on Tuesday.
I'll put a pic up when it's sitting nice.
I gotta say the Calais is working a treat in this heat, the Daughter came home from work this arvo and the car ran perfect with the inside temp on 20degs (gotta love the climate control set up these cars have).

HGsurf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Righto I've the SSL's in the rear now
VRBerlina133.jpg

VRBerlina132.jpg

VRBerlina127.jpg

Apparently the springs will settle down 5-10mm so it will better when it does, it's still running the original rubber dampeners top & bottom on the springs so I might get some thinner rubber to lower it a tad more (will see how it looks in a week).

vscalaishsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv enhanced vs calais
this is what i done to replace the rubber spring insulators when i put ssl`s in the rear of mine. and yes they will settle down a bit too

i just got a thin peice of rubber and cut around the old spring insulator and a peice of sticky foam tape to put aroung the inside of the top of the spring ( you might see a bit of it sticking down under the top coil in the pic)

DSCF1126.jpg

and should sit like this once sprigs settle
IMG_0726.jpg

Picture057.jpg

hoped that helped in some way

HGsurf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah thats brilliant vscalaishsv I'll do that on the weekend :)

vscalaishsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv enhanced vs calais
it might look doggie but it works