Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Caprice Manual

D

Dub Alley

STEALTHY said:
Awesome car man.

Can i ask what tailshaft you used for the conversion?

Hey everyone thanks heaps for the big ups and the good lucks on the bub, most appreciated guys & gals ;)

In regards to the tailshaft, I used the origional one from the auto except i changed the uni's and the front bit(??) that goes into the output shaft of the gearbox. Very easy to change apart from rear uni (took almost an hour of bashing to get it out lol). The uni's that were on it were flogged as so my car is now running extremely smooth again thank god, was getting a bit sktechy at speed with the auto.

I need to buy a new digi cam which i will do on the weekend so I will def post some interior pics up around mid next week.

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
God damn a manual stato :D Awesome

MZ5TATO

mzsт8o..mizgmh
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII STATESMAN 5.0LTR
mmm love it :) good luck with her :D

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
the statesman is the king of the road and there is definately no expection with yours man looks sick.

D

Dub Alley

thanks for the great feedback guys, as of tomorrow it will be rollin on 19inch pollished revolutions, will post pics soon...

NewSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6000
Choice barge fella. Very clean lines, performance and luxury to boot!:)
Did you think about an LS2?

D

Dub Alley

NewSV said:
Choice barge fella. Very clean lines, performance and luxury to boot!:)
Did you think about an LS2?

I have thought about that but to be honest i really want to stick with the 5 litre. im actually hesitating on the stroker now cos of the bubby on the way, im thinking now maybe building a really strong 304 thats mildly worked and can handle 15+ psi boost and slapping a high boost blower or turbo on it. im also looking for reliability too. Any engine/forced induction combo thoughts????

911thamulisha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CAPRICE 5.0
Nice! manual? interesting' what was involved to convert the caprice to manual?

D

Dub Alley

911thamulisha said:
Nice! manual? interesting' what was involved to convert the caprice to manual?

Not too much actuall, electrics were prob the hardest thing to workout but thanks to some helpful crew on this forum it was quickly rectified.

if you can get all the stuff needed and a hoist you should be able to do it in a day if all goes to plan... which it never does lol:whistling