Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Custom Interiors?

N

NXNVR-6

Im looking at putting some custom interior parts into my VR. Iv seen the wood grain & carbon fibre dash, console and gear nob pieces. Was wondering are there custom AC, Dismister, hazard custom buttons?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
all I've seen is different colour lights in the buttons. What did you have in mind?

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
Howde guys. Just finally got my photos online of my interior custom for my VR series 2 Exec.
Big red rectangle is a balsa wood and putty coated phone holder with the charger inserted in the bottom. Idea was that phone would slide down and charge while driving. since got rid of that phone and will make area into cup holder or two. will get photo of my Neons swith box inside center console lid ( between seats ) that will control my neons when i get some.

Anyway Let me know what you think of the ideas color etc. I think the blue isn't too contrasting and the red just ties in with the exterior ss strip ? ( put on by prev owner maybe ? )

Side image of my car. Definetly needs a full spray job as the 318000 ks havn't been kind.

Image of my painted interior. Only front done. Will eventually get roof lining changed to completely get rid of the grey...I really don't like grey interior.

Image of very simple change to my door trims.

Image of closer of my center console with red buttons.. many won't like i spose but most who see it give favorable comments and I am happy with them.

Front image

Anyway hope these worked,

Feedback welcome. Mods suggested to spruse up exterior look and appeal.
17" rims are the biggest i will go as is expensive enough to get tires let alone going to 19"s though i would love too...

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Seriously that is the tackiest/ugliest interior I have ever seen in a VR. :whistling Looks like someone couldn't make up their mind on what colours to use, so they tried a bit of everything. Here's my interior, simple but effective. No one has had a bad word to say about it yet.

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 12,961

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Here is my centre console. its nothing special but i like it. the dash is still stock no plans on changing that yet.

100_1182.jpg

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
mmm ok so a bad word. No problem I can handle that.
Is it a problem you think with too many colors ? maybe just keep the blue and black. Black has to stay unless I stumble accross a full stock black interior. Just wanted something diff from the ugly grey.
As for that gun metal grey look on yours BT1 VR, I love it. Looks so much more presentable than the blue.. What color did you use and where from ? Am I allowed to get a similar color and replace my blue with it ? Would appreciate it.
Otherwise no probs..
As you can see NXNVR-6 there are diff opinions on what route to take but I think that what ever your happy with is what counts and if you expect others to respect that then i spose a little bit of their opinions is useful but not the golden rule.

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
Ok guys,, just gone over my photos with the MRS..lol.
She reckons the red is too much and should all be done black. She likes the blue.
To clarify some things the photo has distorted :
the pads in the door trims are actually very black, not grey as they appear in photo.
I used flash so the blue looks heaps brighter than already is.. Might try a pic without the flash,,dahh..
the steering wheel is actually black, the seat covers are not faded.
the floor carpet, grey at moment is gonna get replaced.

But i can agree the red looks too much especially in the photo. thanks for your honest point of view.

Now I got a job to repaint the red and maybe replace the blue, try another look..

What do you guys reckon ?

VS_UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vs ute
i know this these are VRs but close enough to VS here some of my ute before and after stile with the 3rd seat and needs mags and body kit / paint

Attachments

• 5.bmp
    546.4 KB · Views: 847
  • Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,242
  • Image028.jpg
    Image028.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 739
  • ute 3.jpg
    ute 3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,018

syndosis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 94 Commodore
man thats brighter than mine...lol maybe a little too much red like mine lol.
good on you though for doing something different. Not all of us are creative geniuses that got A+ in color matching class as school..lol
I am liking that neat very slick metal/aluminium look of BT1 Vr's
The red dial backing is nice, not sure whether to get mine white and go with the aluminium consoles, black buttons and white backing for dials or another color yet.