Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR injectors into VS

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
Thanks for the below info, i geuss it will only tell when i put them in , as i havnt put them in yet as they parts shop gave me wrong ones!!! i will be putting them in this weekend, will post up if any difference.

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
Done!

I got the VR injectors put in yesterday with good results. , takes off alot better, and the cold starting problem has been fixed.Waiting to see how fuel economy goes. Only down side is the vr injectors are a bit noisier than the vs ones. Other then that im loving the way it takes off now. Also note that when u take off intake plenum if u gonna do them check the 3 seals around the intake port holes are sealing properly,as mine werent and when i replaced them, made my idle better as was a bit of vacuum leak. Also found out yesterday my balance shaft is going, mymech could hear it when i ws revving it:bang:
Fix one prob and anoither one comes. Overall im happy with the outcome, definite difference from my old injectors!

magooly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Overall im happy with the outcome, definite difference from my old injectors!

But is that because they are a better injector or just cleaner than your olds ones? Wouldn't mind betting if you had the old one professionally cleaned they would perform the same or better than the 'new' ones.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
doubt they would perform better, but might be almost as good

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
I doubt they would have performed better, the old ones have been in there since new(cars done 220000km, so id bet they be pretty worn), plus why clean my old ones when i got brand new oes for $100 extra. $300 for set of new ones, while my average quote to get cleaned was $180-200

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
Hi Mate, does any one has any idea about the DIMENSION of the o-ring fitted on the VR injectors?
I am planning to do it next week but when I went to buy the o-rings IN AUTOBARN they don’t know the dimension and ask me to take an old one to decide. However, I only have one vr and cannot drive if I took this old o-ring out with me~I don’t want to walk 3 kilos to buy 6 o-ring,,,

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
You'll need 12 o-rings, two per injector

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
sorry mate i have no clue what the dimensions ae, i geuss u could ring up holden for them or something , or ask at a wreckers or something

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
I've been wanting to replace/clean my injectors and rang a few places and spoke to a few ppl in the know. I found out that the VR injectors are better than the vs/vt & vn/vp injectors. They reckon the VR are the best and the worst are the VT ones.
Apparently the VR ones have better flow, more efficient and are better designed than the rest. So i ordered a set of Bosch VR injectors for my car for $300 from my mate who owns a spare parts place ($50 each!!compared to $110each from holden). I thought better off buying new ones than paying $200 to get mine cleaned(car done 219,000km). Once i put them in I'll let you's no how they perform. Hopefully they will make my car start better and stop the hesitating when cold; as ive allready changed fuel pump, leads(coils are fine), sparkys,fuel filter, cleaned:tb,plenum and iacv and run the car always on BPultimate.
I even got advised by Holden & Powerflow to get the VR ones instead of VS/VT ones. Everyone i spoke to reccomended the VR ones on the rest.

Has anyone else done this?

Is it hard to replace injectors? If it not too complicated i will do it myself on saturday , if too hard then ill just get my mech to put em in when i get the trans serviced.

Thanks
Jamie:thumbsup:

Hey Jamie,

How are the injectors going?

What is your verdict then?

Way better then the VS injectors?

Cheers
Struggo