Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Injectors

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ive had a quick look in Search for this but,

my vr has had alot of work done to it to try and stop the Stalling chanign from drive to reverse etc , serviced, fuel filter and fuel pump replaced, oxygen sensor replaced, crank angel sensor replaced, cleaned throttle body, tried bottle injector cleaner etc, but still, ocasionaly the idle is aweful (200rpms, change into a gear and bang-stall) yet its idles aroun 800rpm the other half the time. i can hear ticking noise from were the injectors are and i read my repair manual and tested the resistance and they are all fine :"| any ideas?

thanks in advance

its a 1993 vr executive auto sedan

Last edited:

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Fuel regulator??? does it still run ok off idle, ie, if you put your foot flat does it hesitate at all?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
auc05l said:
Fuel regulator??? does it still run ok off idle, ie, if you put your foot flat does it hesitate at all?

its misses at idle ocaasionaly, and takes a while to change outa gear but sum1 said thats me kickdown cable, but it takes a wile to kick over (6 seconds or so..), how do u test your fuel regulator>

Last edited:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
jNINE said:
hmmm... VR's don't have a kickdown cable.

Have you checked your IAC valve is not dirty?

hm, well i have sprayed the carby cleaner in there.. do i need to pull apart?

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
fitzy2005 said:
its misses at idle ocaasionaly, and takes a while to change outa gear but sum1 said thats me kickdown cable, but it takes a wile to kick over (6 seconds or so..), how do u test your fuel regulator>
If you put your foot flat while driving and it hesitates/ wont rev out good chance your reg's ratshit, you could pull the vac line off it and see if it has fuel/vapour in it, you could also pressure test and if the pressure is down crimp the return hose with line crimpers and see if the pressure goes up, by crimping you are substituting the regulator.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ok thanks guys, fuel leaks outa the regulator when i take the hose off, i got one here from the wrekers.. needs an allin key (excuse my spelling but i hav no idea :s) to unscrew it :( ill try and get one soon, Let u no how i go

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
argh :#( this car is the worse peice of crap ive ever bought (im not bagging commdores just this car in particualr) took into a tyre place to get my zbar (aka radius bar i think) bushs link pin and rack boot fixed, and they find that my springs (which orignally were lows) have been choppped (illegally) and when i bought the car, the safety certificate was passed, ive mentioned this be4 and ive reported them, but the springs have screwed my bearings and bearing plates (i only replaced 3 weeeks ago :mad::mad:) and now i have to get Springs for front and back, and the front bearing plates and bearings :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: im up for 670 with labour for steering and springs etc,
ive spent over 1000 bux already now i got another 670 added to that and there is my air con to be fixed still,

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Fuel pump&filter and breather hoses replacements, oxygen sensor, crank angel sensor, Bearings and Plates, Battery, Power Steering Resiviour, Service, Tyres, and a few other things wich i cant remember wot, and got a new fuel pressue regulator (need toput in when i get my car back :( )

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
was bored today so i cleaned the iac valve, feels like 5 times quiker acceleration :w00t: and the revs are awesome when chaning gear (no hestiation or stalling :D) but i notice when i stick it in drive/park, the revs goto about 2000rpm then a few secs lata die down, is this normal?/