Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr panhard bar?

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
ive had this problem with my vr for a while where the digg is off centre so it sits to the left side more, i know i need a panhard bar to correct the situation but the question is there anything else i can do to fix it without getting a panhard bar is it that my only option?

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
ive had this problem with my vr for a while where the digg is off centre so it sits to the left side more, i know i need a panhard bar to correct the situation but the question is there anything else i can do to fix it without getting a panhard bar is it that my only option?

Diff not digg haha… It shouldnt sit to the left.. Maybe have a look under your car and see if anything is loose/excessively worn etc.. If everything is good then i suggest a adjustable panhard bar..

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
hahah, sorry cant spell today lol alright where abouts would you recomend looking obviously at the rear but any parts imparticular?

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Just check the whole diff all over and anything thats connected to it really.. Could be something thats connected to it that makes it sit to the side.. also maybe a bent panhard bar. Have you crashed it recently or anything?? Hit a gutter??

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Have you lowered the car at all? Lowering the car will push the Panhard across. They're only ~$150 for an adjustable one, or be cheap and heat up your old one in a vice.

Bux

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb vn & vy
Easiest way to see if there are worn bushes in the panhard bar is to grab the wheel arch or towbar and try moving the car back and forth sideways (while still on the ground). You will feel the clunk. If you do feel anything have a look underneath while someone else moves it for you. And any commodore i have had with wider wheels, I always fit an adjustable rod to. If you are handy, its not hard to make your own, If not, just buy one, money well spent.
hahah, sorry cant spell today lol alright where abouts would you recomend looking obviously at the rear but any parts imparticular?

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
nah havnt crashed or hit any gutters, yeah its lowered but wasnt to bad on the 17" then i got a puncture so put a 15" on the rear now its crazy, ill go slide it now and im gunna get one next week for sure

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
no noises at all when the car is pushed/shoved..