Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Remote Question

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Hi Guys,

I want to replace my old worn out single button remotes but can not find any single button remotes to replace them only the 2 button remotes will these 2 button remotes still programe to my VR and if yes will it programe both buttons lock & unlock or will only one button be programmed.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Just go to Mister Minit and get one from him - they sell them cut and programmed for under $100. They must be programmed!. Also most locksmiths now carry all car remotes and are much cheaper than going to Holden.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I have a pair of VR berlina keys with BCM,if they are any good to you, one key head new one key head old if you have no luck meassage me for a good deal posted to you.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Thanks for your replies guys but it's not answering my question on the 2 button remote pads. I just need to know if I get a 2 button remote will it function with both buttons or just one or not function at all. I will be looking at getting new remotes no second hand.

jayperformance

light it up
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn Calais 5l
i used to work a a holden dealership and yess the two button will replace the one button remote, it will have to be programmed to bcm to work, i cant remember if both buttons become active or not, but yes the will work on your car.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Holden stopped making the 1 button remotes, they only have the 2 button one now,, but Yes it will work fine, the other button will do nothing unless your car is fitted with remote boot release

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
i used to work a a holden dealership and yess the two button will replace the one button remote, it will have to be programmed to bcm to work, i cant remember if both buttons become active or not, but yes the will work on your car.

Ok cool now I just need it confirmed if both buttons will work or not.

Holden stopped making the 1 button remotes, they only have the 2 button one now,, but Yes it will work fine, the other button will do nothing unless your car is fitted with remote boot release

That's a 3 button remote the 2 button remote is (lock | unlock)

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Will still work fine,

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Both buttons will not work, if your current remote only has 1 button then only 1 button will work,
Similar situation at work we had a customer come in with a vs an we only had the 3 button remotes left so we used one of them an the lock an unlock worked but the boot did not because the bcm did not support,,