Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr senator wont unlock!!

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
Need some advice fellas, basically my vr hsv senator has had a flat battery for about 2 to 3 weeks and since i have other cars to use to get to work etc. But now i have fitted a new battery because luckly i left it popped and manually locked each door by hand but for some reason the doors wont unlock with the remote, the indicators, interior lights come on and button for the boot works fine. Kinda need some advice on getting them to unlock as in the past i had to replace the ignition barrel as it jammed up so stupid me only changed the boot lock to suit the new blade so the door lock still suits the old key blade that my dad lost along with my spare key. So now i either need to figure out how im going to get into the car without busting a window etc or will i just have to leave it for a bit and see if it works after the battery has been in a day or 2. Ive had delt with quiet a few vr/vs and ive never had this happen. So its got me stumped.

Any ideas?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Can you get somebody small to climb through the hatch in the back and unlock the doors for you?

You may end up damaging the middle backrest though if you end up doing that.

Otherwise, do you have roadside assist? You can get them unlocked relatively easily from the outside if you're a bit inventive. The problem with posting comprehensive information on a public forum is that people will take advantage of it for evil rather than good.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
As the door locks are original take the car's vin # and rego papers to holdens, they will give/sell you the key info.You can then get them or a locksmith to cut a new key blade

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Check your fuses.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
If you can get the boot open, hire a small child and get them to squeeze in via there

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
How do they get the back seat down though? Would probably be better off/cheaper getting someone to break into the car for you though.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Only real option might be to call a locksmith.

I lost my keys for my 89' Mazda once, cost be $320 on a sunday to call one out and cut a new one (Off the door lock). Buuut $150 of that was a sunday call out fee.

So maybe thats you're best bet, leave it to the pros :)

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You didn't deadlock the doors by any chance did you? Is the slit for the key on the drivers door vertical or horizontal? The symptoms you describe are what you get when the doors are deadlocked and you try and open them with a remote.