Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Statesman Central Locking

mkjs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Hi Guys

I have a small issue with my VR Statesman. On the weekend a mate asked if he could check out my car, I gave him the keys while we were eating inside, he went out and opened the car with the key (he didnt press the remote) and the alarm started going off. He told me all he done was press the remote after the alarm started and it went off. Now the central locking doesnt work at all even with the key. I press the remote and the lights flash for the alarm and the alarm still works, the car still starts but the central locks wont open with the remote or keys. Key will only open the drivers door, rest have to be open from inside.

Sorry about the long post but I thought I should explain it well enough incase someone else has run into this problem or hopefully someone knows how to fix it. I have checked the fuses and they are fine.

Thanks in advance.
Michael.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id try resetting the BCM. The BCM is reset by removing the fuel pump fuse for 1 second according to the VR workshop manual. The fuel pump fuse is located in the fuse box under the bonnet. I guess removing the negative battery terminal would also do the same thing. The manual says that once the fuse is reinstalled, resetting of the BCM can be confirmed by a clicking sound coming from the BCM, the interior light coming on, and the theft alert indicator flashing.

mkjs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Hi Brett
Thanks for the reply mate, I tried the fuse and the negative but got no click or blinkers flashing so I don't think it is resetting, also took the door trim off and disconnected the lock to try that but still no luck. Where would I find the bcm unit to try break the thing lol driving me nuts.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The BCM is under the dash, up in behind/above the fuses under the steering column.

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
is it working now?