Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr ute 3.8 to 3.8 toyota lexen motor. original t5 box wiring problem

drewwy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8 ute
hi everybody, just did a engine change on my ute 3.8l to a toyota lexen (vs ecotec engine). i still have original t5 box and am having trouble finding a wiring loom and computer.
is it possible to modify a getrag loom to fit as its the only one i can find. sort of got myself in over my head, goin by every thing i have read i will need a bcm also?
is there anything i have missed?
any help would be much appreciated
thank you

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
From memory Ecotec engine wiring harness wont plug up and work directly on a VR body harness without modifying and disabling antitheft in the tune. . Save yourself the hassle and use your existing wiring harness and computer on the ecotec, should be straightforward and only a few wires need lengthening.

drewwy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8 ute
Will the injectors fire the same. I thought there was a difference?
But I've read that much stuff it's becoming a blur :(

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
hi everybody, just did a engine change on my ute 3.8l to a toyota lexen (vs ecotec engine). i still have original t5 box and am having trouble finding a wiring loom and computer.
is it possible to modify a getrag loom to fit as its the only one i can find. sort of got myself in over my head, goin by every thing i have read i will need a bcm also?
is there anything i have missed?
any help would be much appreciated
thank you

Im doing the same conversion in my sedan (buick to ecotec with T5) and iv had a suss on the wiring and i think if i lengthen the auto engine loom and wire up a plug on the VR body loom it will connect straight up except i just haft to get a different computer with VATS deleted etc so it will run. so maybe if you do the same it should work.. not sure if this helps but yeh :) just my advice

drewwy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8 ute
Thanks guys a few of my plugs are slightly different but I'll change them. I'll let u know how I go thanks