Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I"ll be taking the DSLR (just finished charging the battery) and video camera......

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Me too but I haven't heard from Deuce at all?

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Did Deuce run at the drags?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Got home algood, no reverse or 5th haha
No 5th aswell, ouch.

Good you go home OK (there was another car from Rota with no clutch. Not sure how he got home)

Me too but I haven't heard from Deuce at all?

Drove home with dump pipe still on. This may have kept me far more entertained than the internet, LOL.
Yes I got home sweet as. No cops or troubles.
Did Deuce run at the drags?

Yeah, I raced. It was final round of Winter drag wars, so used it as a tuning session.
Immortality was there for tuning.
Beaker was there racing (ran a nice 12.5 :thumbsup:)
And Jonah 101 came for a skid - but had a strange crunch which resulted in no reverse - weird how that would happen.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL, I probably should have burnt a tune for that dude in the SS, might have got him into the 15's :D

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
LOL, I probably should have burnt a tune for that dude in the SS, might have got him into the 15's :D
You should have gambled it "15.9 and under for $100, or PB 16.0 up, $20. No PB and will take the chip back"
That would have been fun, LOL

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline

Mate that was depressing, my vs v6 was quicker haha.

I didn't just come for a skid, I was wrapped with my 14.2 haha. The new engine sound tuff deuce. What's next? Diff gears?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think he needs some decent rubber under the rear (ET streets to fit on 16" rims?) . Looking back through some of the logs your feathering the throttle through 1st gear.

Some 3.45 gears and a mild converter to get a decent 60' will see it into the 13's easy ( I think the best 60' was only something like 2.3s?) and a big skid to heat up those rear tyres :D

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I think he needs some decent rubber under the rear (ET streets to fit on 16" rims?) . Looking back through some of the logs your feathering the throttle through 1st gear.

Some 3.45 gears and a mild converter to get a decent 60' will see it into the 13's easy ( I think the best 60' was only something like 2.3s?) and a big skid to heat up those rear tyres :D

Yeah, often easy on first until at least halfway through the rpm band. If I can change 4th gear ratio in the Gearbox, then I am keen to try different diff gears. I just don't want to highway cruise over 2000rpm. (sits around 1900 at the moment)
I knew traction would suck today on the 225's, but I did not want to break anything 2weeks out from Fathers Day Drags. That's why we were gunning for a good MPH.

I had at least 3 runs where 60ft's were at the 2.3range.

Big skids are for drag slicks, Not really necessary for street tyres at street pressure. Just a quickin to clear any dirt/dust off.