Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i thought all V8 had external pumps standard.i run those TRE performance pumps think we have just sort of got to the most one can flow on the vb

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i thought all V8 had external pumps standard.i run those TRE performance pumps think we have just sort of got to the most one can flow on the vb

I thought so too, that's what everybody told me. So I was mighty surprised when I jacked up the Senator and discovered it didn't have one.

So your keen to sell it to me cheap so you can upgrade??

LOL, he'll upgrade to twin TRE pumps with the 2nd pump only coming on with boost I would imagine. Those have to be the best value 255litre/hr pump on the market, especially when you consider the warranty.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha immortality is correct just bought fuel cell with duel outlets for TRE twins :D great pump pretty quiet and yeah warranty like no one else.we did send one pump back that stopped but came right but we couldnt trust it so they RMA'd the old pump cost to send it back but we got a brand new one back.think it only got a chunk of crap in it that jammed the gears was running out of a damn old tank LOL.would used 10 or more in cars now no failures so yeah not bad pumps

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Thanks to immortality we recorded some data on the weekend.
Long steep incline +WOT + hold second to 100kph = fuel pressure drop from the correct 45psi down to 40or41psi (data still to come)
This proves that the fuel delivery cannot keep up with demand. According to my calculations (if fuel delivery efficiency is liner) then our previous dyno recorded 15:1afr will now be around 13.3-13.6afr once a consistent 45psi can be sustained.
Top marks to immortality for getting the tune so close so far, (Sorry that my car held you back, lol)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
5psi is like 11% and if you do the math on pressure alone it could well pull it back into the 13's

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
REPCO had a big sale today, and an extra special on Penrite.
This is probably 4years worth of changes, LOL:
20L of HPR-15.jpg
Approx half the price per litre of the normal size pack

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
Great score on the oil, wish I had seen the special!