Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V6 idle problem

mitchoVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 94 S2
Hi all
My Vr used to idle great but it developed a miss so i gave it a full service plugs, leads, fuel and air filter but it still had the miss so I replaced the coil pack and checked the error codes which came up ok and it was still the same however I've noticed that it will idle fine then it will miss then pick back up again and so on, also when i have the a/c on it's only idling at about 500 revs but when the a/c is off it's idling at 700revs any help would appreciated.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the 3 coil packs where the spark plug leads go to have the cylinder numbers marked on them with white numbers,then they are the original coils and most likely need replacing.(genuine holden replacements dont have the cylinder numbers marked). They can cause a miss like the one you have described when they get old.
Sometimes even when old ones test ok they can still cause an intermittent miss.I have seen it happen a couple of times.You are better off replacing all 3 at the same time.You would be suprised how much of a difference new ones make.If you can get another coil from another car that is going, and try it where each of your coils go,(the numbers dont matter,the coils are all the same)You should be able to see if one of yours is causing the miss.

Last edited:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

Drazil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Series 2
Auto? Raise the idle to 950 in park. That
Should make it idle around 500 - 600 in