Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr v6 to v8 motor swap help!!!

hawkinsluke1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore vr ss BT1
if ur talking about the little earth ring thats held in by the Philips head then yes it is and i just check and the metal knob on the key is touching the metal ring its got me stumped

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Try this. Turn your key to the on position. Go under the bonnet and bridge out the pins on the relay holder. Should be 30 and 87 from memory. If it cranks and fires, its your wiring

hawkinsluke1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thanks i will give it a go im not sure what ones i have to bridge but? you talking about the fuse box?

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
The black box under the bonnet on the drivers side. The relays are labeled. If you have a spare 4 pin relay, pop the plastic top off it and put it in place of the starter relay. Then turn your key to on. Then back to the relay and squeeze the relay to close the circuit. It should crank and providing everythings working, start

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
not helpful bazzer. he has already done the conversion and now needs help to figure out the problem. so please say something constructive or stopp being a troll

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Check your earths, there should be one going to the body of it on the passenger side near the air box and also check your earths near the battery, make sure your alternator connections are nice and tight.

hawkinsluke1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so I'm goin to give all these things a try to I will get back to you's and let u know

hawkinsluke1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok so i bridged the starter relay and it cranked ova but didnt start so what does this mean???