Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr/vs Ute Subwoofer Enclosure

U

ute'r'us

Bloody cabinet maker let me down, and I won't be back for two weeks! Relaxed North QLD lifestyle I s'pose, gotta go with the flow...

I'm a bit concerned about the size of the box for resonance reasons, but a 10" should be ok...

Weathering will not be an issue, and a ute is a small area to provide an airconditioned sound enclosure!

AND thanks for your design, Troy!

I haven't been in Belconnen since the day's of the Blind Beggar's Inn ('bout a hundred years back!)

U

ute'r'us

Righto, picked up the box and installed it this arvo. In hindsight the box could've been bigger, with a better depth for the sub.

The sound is bloody good, fills the cabin, but does not intrude too much outside.

Dunno how to include all the photo's, drop me a mail if you need more info,
Cheers

Attachments

• CIMG1003.JPG
    CIMG1003.JPG
    627.5 KB · Views: 17,374
S

seabournelegend

Has anyone else tryed this or has pics on installation
i would liike to install a 12inch somehow, but need helop how and where to go

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
Tonkins car audio sell a similar box for $140, im thinking about it, mmmm spend $1k and have a pretty good system or spend $4k and have a system that powerful it could crack my hard cover. mmmmm its got to be the expensive one..

U

ute'r'us

You've hit it on the head, Cameron.

How much do you spend for what you need?

I'm tryin' not to sound like a krusty old runt, but the 10" box I've put in me ute sounds bloody good.

My nephew's (auto)salon car, is undriveable on most roads, and the sub rumbles that much it overpowers all other frequencies.

My son's mates car won an audio comp, but I find it just as bloody overpoweringly useless.

And I still reckon a large diameter sub cannot handle fast bass as well.

At 45, I welcome comment!

V

vprsvmille

All depends on the speaker design. Stiffness of rubber suspension, weight of the cone, how much volts and amps you can drive it with etc etc.

Cheers

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
yeah it is a waste, i would like to compeate not all too seriously though, the remote gain can be turned down when just crusing, and around the burbs, but when i hit jetty rd down the Bay, its got to be gain up. im the type of person that buys the best, even if i dont need it, with my job, (floor and wall tiler) i earn plenty of money, two weeks ago i earnt $2800 after tax, not bad for 6.5 days work. not all the ime i get jobs like that though. but when they come along i spend big. i appreciate you imput Ute'r'us,

H

HOTVSUTE

vs ute sub

i was just wondering if any one had any pics of sub boxes to fin into a vs ute or any ideas that could help me out

V

vg_ute

do you get much rattling with it in there and do u have to remove those fire wall covers?