Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VRII 5.0L Manual Exec.

DK101

Next Burnout Grand Master
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
'93 VR SS - 304 T5, '95 Exec - 355 T5
Yeah a mate of mine has a 93 VR as well, same difference... Mine doesn't have the moulded indent or screw holes, but I've been told the mounts are still there. Wouldn't mind being able to mount an updated item there, as I'm all about customisation and makin sure my commodore ain't like the next bloke's...

DK101

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Our First Roadworthy...

After her wash and run last night there was dust on the tail (bloody dirt driveways), so I gave her a quick rinse-off this morning, at like 8am. I'm only just up the road from the snowfileds, dont let the sunny appearance fool you, it was freakin cold! Felt sorry for the poor thing. Still, she had a roadworthy inspection today so it was well in order.

First time since I fell in love with her that she's been in another man's hands, was hard to walk away. She did alright tho, considering I drove her there with a blown left indicator, aftermarket non-padded steering wheel, no interior mirror, and broken battery terminal (that I knew of so far)...

Battery and interior mirror got left alone to my surprise, but he found a few loose mounts on the exhaust, and a loose bolt on the engine mount. No parker lights, No Inner High Beam Lights, F/L Indicator, No padding on Steering wheel, No Horn, and to my amazement, Wiper Blades Ineffective. IMO the wipers are great in this thing, best in any car I've had but OK, Mr Apprentice Mechanic, I'll replace them...

Got her home and sure enough the exhaust mount bolts were loose alright, they were pretty much a few turns off droppin the tailpipe. Done em all up, from the headers to the tip, they were all fairly loose. All good now. Dropped the ass, jacked the front, and attacked the engine mount bolt. Done.

Got onto the lights, as they were a total surprise to me, having not checked them. Inner Hi-Beam globes were a sinch, one was blown, the other wasnt there, but the plug was shoved into the light enough to look like a globe... LOL. Previous Owners Rule :rofl2: Replacements on the list. Park Light globes were blown, on the list too. Figure might as well replace the normal headlight globes while I'm at it, so it's time for some Arctic Blue's... Them and new wipers are on the list too.

Only thing left is the Steering Wheel and Horn. Sussed out a good grey stock wheel in a VP in the wreckers yesterday while chasing window winder pieces, might go see what he wants for it, the old stooge. Cheeky bugger tried to hit me $130/Rim for a set of 16" PCW VR Clubby knock-offs and I told him to go find some dumb p-plater schmuck, so I doubt its gonna be a friendly barter, hehe. Wish me luck...

STAY TUNED FOLKS:yeah:

Last edited:

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
DSCF9325.jpg

After her wash and run last night there was dust on the tail (bloody dirt driveways), so I gave her a quick rinse-off this morning, at like 8am. I'm only just up the road from the snowfileds, dont let the sunny appearance fool you, it was freakin cold! Felt sorry for the poor thing. Still, she had a roadworthy inspection today so it was well in order.

First time since I fell in love with her that she's been in another man's hands, was hard to walk away. She did alright tho, considering I drove her there with a blown left indicator, aftermarket non-padded steering wheel, no interior mirror, and broken battery terminal (that I knew of so far)...

Battery and interior mirror got left alone to my surprise, but he found a few loose mounts on the exhaust, and a loose bolt on the engine mount. No parker lights, No Inner High Beam Lights, F/L Indicator, No padding on Steering wheel, No Horn, and to my amazement, Wiper Blades Ineffective. IMO the wipers are great in this thing, best in any car I've had but OK, Mr Apprentice Mechanic, I'll replace them...

Got her home and sure enough the exhaust mount bolts were loose alright, they were pretty much a few turns off droppin the tailpipe. Done em all up, from the headers to the tip, they were all fairly loose. All good now. Dropped the ass, jacked the front, and attacked the engine mount bolt. Done.

Got onto the lights, as they were a total surprise to me, having not checked them. Inner Hi-Beam globes were a sinch, one was blown, the other wasnt there, but the plug was shoved into the light enough to look like a globe... LOL. Previous Owners Rule :rofl2: Replacements on the list. Park Light globes were blown, on the list too. Figure might as well replace the normal headlight globes while I'm at it, so it's time for some Arctic Blue's... Them and new wipers are on the list too.

Only thing left is the Steering Wheel and Horn. Sussed out a good grey stock wheel in a VP in the wreckers yesterday while chasing window winder pieces, might go see what he wants for it, the old stooge. Cheeky bugger tried to hit me $130/Rim for a set of 16" PCW VR Clubby knock-offs and I told him to go find some dumb p-plater schmuck, so I doubt its gonna be a friendly barter, hehe. If the steering wheel is good enough, thats two birds with one stone, and the green slip is mine before close of business monday.

Sweet As.... Heres some more clean pics :)
DSCF9329.jpg

Not bad for 15 year old factory paint... Surface dust and gaunt bogan included...

DSCF9326.jpg

DSCF9327.jpg

DSCF9328.jpg

STAY TUNED FOLKS:yeah:

Sounds good, can't wait to hear what's next. I don't think the interior mirror is required legally, as you don't need to be able to see out your rear window.

DK101

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Cheers boonga, still debating on whether or not she's gonna stay that way, I'm thinkin she should, at least for now... :)

The mirror can wait, its gonna pass without one, either that or it was overlooked on initial inspection. Got a stock wheel lined up from a mate, so she should be all sweet.

Here's to hopin... :thumbsup:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
That is one very neat VR mate. Don't find many in that condition and with those options too. It's a great find that is for sure.

DK101

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Cheers mate, Your VR is quite a piece of work itself... I'd love to get this thing up to that sort of aesthetic level of enjoyment ;)
According to the compliance plates, it came from the factory like this... EFI 304, T5, NON-IRS LSD, and FE2. :yeah:

Not your run-of-the-mill Executive, thats for sure. But it certainly looks like one, till I turn the key and she snarls and barks at ya, gotta love that suprise factor...

Last edited:

DK101

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Well its been a good week of progress on her, Got it all roadworthy and registered.

New lights across the whole front, and they look pretty sweet...

OLD LIGHTS - on Hi Beam, no inner globes or parkers...
DSCF9278.jpg

New lights on Lo Beam, brighter than original hi beam, plus custom chopped plate... Hehe Couldn't Resist...
IHVP1.jpg

This is about as close as can get a shot of the Hi's... They are just too bright!!! Love the clean whiteness tho!
DSCF9351.jpg

Also got me sound system workin, without subs and amps for now. Got 2x12 Kicker L7 Solo-Baric subs and a HUGE Monoblock Amp on the list but I'm trying to find a cheap 2x12 setup with approx 1500w amp-age, just so I can get my own custom tracks bangin out thru the town...

Keep ya posted...

Last edited:

DK101

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Well an update after more than 3 years...

I still have my baby - Still the same 304 and T5, but I have gone thru a few diffs in the search for the right one. Now running a 3.79 LSD that has been clutched out and done up by a mate of mine who is a mechanical engineer who was building a VN burnout beast. I moved to the Eastern Subs of Melb and drove the car for for two good fun solid years without too many other modifications or changes (except having to rebuild and re-engineer one totally destroyed clutch pedal box from running a custom braided triple cable on a button clutch) until I get a letter in the mail from the EPA. Apparently my baby was too loud and was reported by a copper on foot as he heard me climbing a hill a little too spiritedly...

Changed the exhaust to comply with noise regs (came in at 108dB with old 3" system) and sent off the original of the certificate. Big Mistake. They apparently 'never received' my certificate, so in the end cancelled my rego. Didn't know this until I had the missus and kid on a road trip to the old hometown in North-East Vic when the old Sarge pulls me over and informs me I am driving an unregistered vehicle. Shocked and gutted I didn't know what to do, so I did what most of us woulda done in that situation and waited til late night and removed my car from the main street and loaded up the family and bailed back home... From there the car got parked and left until I could think clearer about the car's future...

To keep myself on the road, I bought a VTII Berlina Wagon, great ride, perfect for the family. The V6 Auto took some getting used to, however. During this time of me having no wheels, I lost my job, and my prospects of finding a home were stuffed so the missus bailed on the sharehouse she was in and went back home to the country. I bought this Wagon in a rush because of this, instead of spending the 6k resurrecting my pride and joy. Another Big Mistake. I drove the car up north the very next day without issue or hassle, without even transferring rego...

Two weeks later I return home to find my VR not looking the way it should, chrome dress rings and centres removed and sitting on just plain black stockies. My brother being the main mechanic of the car I didn't think much of it, until after a while we were talking and he told me he had to tell me something, in tears...

After a fight with his missus, he found it upon himself to take the keys to my baby and treat the streets like his own private Powercruise event... There were marks everywhere, suburb to suburb, where I could follow one of our favourite cruise routes and when you see marks like that, you just know your car did it... Was all gravy-ish until He decided to outrun a VE SS and while he did get ahead, the drivers side tyre gave way and took him on a hell ride towards the start of a guard rail. Tyre has fully come off as he mounted the curb and dropped the car onto it's sill right under the pillar. Hit hard and spat him across the other lane and the VE SS and backward up a drain and to rest softly in the grass... He had it towed home and that's where it sat...

Mechanically the car is still 100% Runs like a dream and still delivers massive torque, so I have faith that it can be saved, but the body took a hard knock on the rail under that pillar and is now kinkin out the tops of the doors (only by about 3mm max but enough to notice)...

Stuck now trying to decide whether to separate a matching numbers rarity and build up my dream VH with 355 T5 LSD, or put in the time and money and rack the body till its good and bar it out for strength and stability? DECISIONS DECISIONS

I still have the Wagon, never ended up getting transferred and expired on rego. Desperately needs front end work, so I just bought another VT and drove it into the ground. Wagon sits in the backyard, forever taunting and teasing me of the 6 grand I wasted and the massive stuffup I made in a rush to give the missus what she wanted...

Sombre news, but an update is an update...

Not the end of the road for this car, more updates to come in future - hopefully good ones :)

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
goodness me.
First time have seen you ride nice.
I hope things get better.