Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs 0-100 times

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
well... whaddya reckon boona15 has tested his g tech or whatever at adelaide raceway. its accuurate supposedly.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
it even styates it on the packet it comes in......only works accurately when set up properly

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
:) boona15, set the bloomin' thing up properly, and its accurate. the only 'setting up' there is is levelling out eh? this is how i would look at it.
when i go to willowbank and my g tech is accurate and i'm still getting 7.2 0-100 i'll have to try and figure out why my Calais is that fast. :) lol

V

VSAccCom

Hey guys i just did a street 0-100 and i got 8.31 and thats is a stock as its gona get. so i dont think its to bad..

Gs VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97' VS S-Pack Series 2
i just ran my car...

my time was 8.2...

mods: CAI & Exhaust (No Extractors)

97 VS Series 2 S-Pack, 135,000Kms

i duno how some ppl are pullin off late 7's and early 8's, ESPECIALLY with stock VS...

none of my mates VS's go as hard as mine, n there's no way they get times next to mine...

im real curious on how use are pullin it off...

ive gotta give it another run tommorow.... i might have been holdin back abit, cause a roundabout was approaching.... COPS were eveywhere, so i had to do it in a shitty small street...

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
probably with extractors or a chip because your time is sounding a bit more realistic for a stockish 6 :)

U

UNR8D

hmm i think alot of you need a wake up call and go to willowbank, if your running 7 sec's in a stock VS N/A you are on some seriously happy drugs.

9.2 was recorded for auto ecotech back in 96' and 8.8 for the manual 0-100 times auto was an exec manual was a S pack.

they run 16.3-16.5sec stock down the qtr, so i dont see how your dropping almost 2 seconds by just 'good launches' ....

raced a few stock/modded ecotech's even sc v6's and i will chew them after 60kmh im doing 7.3 sec 0-100 when broken down from my timeslips at willowbank.

im in brissy happy to get a willo meet going, or have a play with some from the lights hehe:p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm Running consistant 7.24-7.4's in my VN (270,000+km)with a G-tech 0-60mph (have recorded a conserative timed 7.5 several times with a very good stopwatch before I got the G-tech), I ran a 1/4 mile today in (D)rive and ran 16.01 with wheelspin a crapy auto shift from 2nd to third at just over 4000 rpm and stuff in the car+full tank of juice. My car used to run high 8's or 9 flat with me and a passenger in the car before I did anything to it. The chip I was running today runs 32 degrees timing from 3200 rpm through to 6000, 16 degrees off idle at 100 map and about 28 degrees at 2800 rpm on 95 octane fuel, the knock sensor is disabled. I have a VS S/C cold air intake with widened inlet and a smoothed stock V6 throttle body, with the butterfly shaft cut down and the throttle body modified to open 100%. Everything else on the car is factory stock or worse :p (has big towbar) 15's are going to be easy on a dry road a manual shift out of second and stuff thrown out of the car. Fred from these forums made a 1 second improvement on his sons Manga 0-100km/h with a home made CAI+airbox, these kind of things make more of a difference than show up on a Dyno