Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs 304 ute wont start

jaydee 1944

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 304 v8 ute
thanks for your interest by all related parts I would have to say it hasn't run in 2 years it stopped 330ks from home had it brought home. okay first it had no spark so I replaced the ignition module brought a new distributer and coil fantastic had spark still no start so even though I had fuel I removed fuel tank cleaned out and brought e new fuel pump installed still no start a friend reckoned there was another fuel sensor, and there was a gizmo on the end of fuel rail replaced that. the usual no start I had an auto eleco come out and he said there was no injector pulse and it was probably the ecu, forgot to say that was the first thing I had checked anyhow I thought might as well change injectors so that's were im at now

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I had somebody describe a similar injector pulse issue with a 5L this week, said he temporarily got around it by turning over the car with the ignition module unplugged and then plugging it back in.

Would also be worth checking your earths and injector loom for shorts or freys.

jaydee 1944

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 304 v8 ute
thanks for that I have not tried either of those sugestions will try tomorrow

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Check it has & keeps fuel pressure.

Agree might be fuel issue if it fires up using start ya bastard.

If ecu/memcal issue code should come up with fault check mode.

Usually after fault code check I'd be looking at f/pump or coil & ignition module.

jaydee 1944

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 304 v8 ute
Check it has & keeps fuel pressure.

Agree might be fuel issue if it fires up using start ya bastard.

If ecu/memcal issue code should come up with fault check mode.

Usually after fault code check I'd be looking at f/pump or coil & ignition module.
ok here we go I didn't mention the ute is manualwhen I went to put the paper clip that terminal only has 6 terminals so I put clip into 5&6 nothing happens the only lights that show up are normal reds However did get passenger door open finaly