Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Acclaim II

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Got to love power windows. I prefer the older style switches though. I'm always pressing them the wrong way in the WK (it has the same type as what you got) it's kinda wired to me that to open the window you have to rock the switch up and back and press it forward and down to close.

The level 3 clusters are a worthwhile upgrade. The povo spec ones look balls. Are you going to add in the trip computer?

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
I love the newer switches :p Mind you i havent used the vs ones with the windows working yet so havent got used to them.
Does your switches do the lights stay on them ? Cause mine do :S

Yeah im going to add the trip computer in, might as well since i got it when i got my dash pad ages ago, just sitting in my box of goodies.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
The lights on the window switches in the WK come on when the parkers or the headlights are on and I think they even dim when I use the dimmer for the cluster and the center dash screen.

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Haha yeah thanks heaps for the info about the cluster and windows. I've got a nice free weekend which I'm planing to spend it on.*hopfuly*

Now worries, hopefully it all works out haha

I've got a push buttons tart in my car, it's fun for the first week, then it just becomes too much work having to move your hand :p its good to show off to people though haha.

Also with the power window switches you can just swap the wires around to get the switch to work the other way. Im pretty sure I set mine so it was pull the switch up for window up and vice versa. And yeah, my lights are always on. I soldered blue LEDs into mine though so it suits the rest of the car.

Half of the people on here with VS's are going boost in one form or another now :p haha

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
Now worries, hopefully it all works out haha

I've got a push buttons tart in my car, it's fun for the first week, then it just becomes too much work having to move your hand :p its good to show off to people though haha.

Also with the power window switches you can just swap the wires around to get the switch to work the other way. Im pretty sure I set mine so it was pull the switch up for window up and vice versa. And yeah, my lights are always on. I soldered blue LEDs into mine though so it suits the rest of the car.

Half of the people on here with VS's are going boost in one form or another now :p haha

Cheers, MMm i might look into that im not to fussed with which way i push them but would make more sense and feel better.

Chris with mine at the moment they are on 24/7 until the doors are shut and locked, even if i havent turned my lights on and have all door shut with ignition off. Its only until locked.
So hopefully nothing and normal heh

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS

Heck yeah, it's full of win, I mean I'd love an LS but they only come in Abrams tanks, of which 90% I've had a squirt with end up two car lengths behind ;)

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
Chris with mine at the moment they are on 24/7 until the doors are shut and locked, even if i havent turned my lights on and have all door shut with ignition off. Its only until locked.

I just checked, mine light up when the car is unlocked and stay lit without the lights on so it must be normal. it just isn't that noticeable during the day, I had to cover the switches with my hand to see. they also go out when the car is locked, or after the time out (the windows won't work after a period of time after the car is off, even when unlocked)

the rear switches in the doors also seem to be lit up all the time unless I have the rear windows locked.

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim

Thats how they work. Whenever they can control the windows, they will be lit up. They will only go out like you said, once you lock the doors, or after 30 seconds after turning ignition off. Its not dependant on the headlights at all

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
Ok, so i have installed the passenger pulling out was too easy.. The removal and installation of windows and regulator took about 5 minutes if that.
I then spent hours of fiddling with the window installing it back on the arms. Slight issue but may have an idea of whats going on. ATM this is happening....

Last edited by a moderator: