Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Acclaim II

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
try checking the runners on the inside of the window sill. the VR statesman had these felt strips in there that had bunched up so I removed them which sped it up a little. when the regulator stuffed up in the VR, it was pretty easy installing the reg and glass but getting it to line up properly takes time. it took both my brother and I to do it.

mine always slows down when it gets to the half way mark (like yours) and it gets jerky when it goes down but when it goes up it slows down but not as much as your one does. I think it's because of the curvature in the glass pane and when it gets to the bit where the window curves in, if it's a little bit out of line it could push against the rubbers on the outside of the door more and slow it down on the upstroke. that's my theory anyway.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
U have a bit of adjustment via the 10mm bolt at the bottom of the front hinged side rail. Might be able to bring it in towards the interior so it kicks the window outward from the rubber as its going up.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
try checking the runners on the inside of the window sill. the VR statesman had these felt strips in there that had bunched up so I removed them which sped it up a little.

Great way to bust the glass when it's wound down on a rough road.

You should have similar adjustment points in your door to the below:

CopyofIMAG0321Custom.jpg

You basically wind the window halfway, loosen the above bolts off and then pull the glass towards the back like a mofo and tighten them up (you'll see this adjustment move in the required direction). Sometimes due to door wear you may need to expand the holes a touch, or you may just need a second pair of hands. This will pull the front up where it needs to be. Because it sinks down it effectively widens the glass in the track so the front top corner gets caught up (path of least resistance).

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
it was replaced with something else but I can't quite remember what. I don't really put the windows down much at all though and it doesn't rattle about in there when I do so I'd say it must be fine.

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
Cheers for the advice. The window lines up straight going up and down, just slow midpoint. The holes dont really have any adjustment on it :/
Its just a dead hole that bolts into the runner to the third arm. I have made the hole so its more of a runner where i can adjust the bolt up and down. Seemed to start helping.
Im going to tackle it again tonight and see how it goes. Yeah i pushed the glass to the edge of the door and its all in line. *Fingers Crossed*

Whats these felt strips ? Is this under the part of the top strip inside ?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Another thing to try is when its slow midpoint going up, push the glass outward but don't help it up. This checks if its gripping on the utter top felt/rubber. Often the felt is worn and it rubs hard on the remaining rubber.

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
Another thing to try is when its slow midpoint going up, push the glass outward but don't help it up. This checks if its gripping on the utter top felt/rubber. Often the felt is worn and it rubs hard on the remaining rubber.

Ill give that a try thanks. I did put plastic grease down the sides of the rubber end and it doesnt seem to be catching but thats a good idea to try.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
You could trying using 'graphite powder' in the window runners.. may help..
Havin' the car running also helps a little...

What's in the box?