Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Acclaim II

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Car is coming along great. Pity about the damage to the door.

Window wipers paint on the metal was going white and fading.
Sanded them down and put a nice fresh prime 'n' paint on her looks good as new !

scaled.php

scaled.php

What did you use to paint the wiper arms ? Looks like they came up really good. Mine look like absolute rubbish and need to be done.

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
Yeah well all 4 doors will be sprayed, will be using compressor.
For the window wiper arms, i went down to auto Pro and just asked them i wanna paint this and they gave me a can of primer and paint.
Sand it down wet and dry and spray on came up nice very happy with them.. I didnt have pics of what they looked like before, but they were fadded and the black was flacking off showing white :/

Nevin

Seedy Customs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
coming along nicely man..
What'd you end up using to get the black **** off?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah well all 4 doors will be sprayed, will be using compressor.
For the window wiper arms, i went down to auto Pro and just asked them i wanna paint this and they gave me a can of primer and paint.
Sand it down wet and dry and spray on came up nice very happy with them.. I didnt have pics of what they looked like before, but they were fadded and the black was flacking off showing white :/

OK thanks mate. Did the primer and paint come in the one can together or did you get two seperate cans ?

Yours sound like they were the same as mine are...faded and going white. :(

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
coming along nicely man..
What'd you end up using to get the black **** off?

To get the black stuff off use wet and dry p600
OK thanks mate. Did the primer and paint come in the one can together or did you get two seperate cans ?

Yours sound like they were the same as mine are...faded and going white.
and the primer was seperate, all primer should be seperate and always use primer before painting or it wont stay on or wont stay on long.

A few people having been asking about the respray for panels so here you are :D
For info on how i have done the panels i did the following steps

1.) Sand down surface depending on what the damage or paint is like sometimes you need to take it right down as i had to do on my side skirts most areas.
You need to aim for smooth levels where the paint fades into the body, instead of having cracked edges... Ill show you a pic later of my side skirt with no paint.
2.) If the paint is ok and you don't need to rub down the actual paint, use wet and dry 600~ and take the top layer off.
dont' be affraid to take the paint off if need be.
3.) Wash the panel and then use a wax and grease remover with a rag <-- NOT A FLUFFY ONE
Fluffy rags will get stuck to the bumper if your not using an antistatic wax and grease remover
4.) Rub lightly over with rag, the wax and grease remover will dry pretty much straight away
5.) Dpending on what part of the car you painting you can use the Plastic Primers, there are 2 types one that is good if it bends a lot and the other plastic primer.
I just used normal plastic primer which was just reccomended by my local Auto Pro store.
6.) After a few light coats of primer you can then lightly sand it down with the wet and dry 600 I DID NOT use water for this. Very lightly get it smoooth
7.) Apply desired paint which you can get with your colour code. If you dont know it check your VIN which is above bonnet of car.
8.) After desired layers of paint is achieved and your happy with the result, let it dry and harden overnight preferably.
9.) Rub lightly over area with a rag.. just a clean rag
10.) Apply clear coat on an even spread. This will really bring the shine ;)
11.) After 1 week sand it down with wet and dry -1500~2000 LOTS OF WATER
12.) Wash down and then use T-Cut wax/polish and rub it in this will make the final produce shine and get a reflection :D
13.) Apply any wax on area and your done Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
To get the black stuff off use wet and dry p600

and the primer was seperate, all primer should be seperate and always use primer before painting or it wont stay on or wont stay on long.

Did you use etch primer or another one ?

Thanks again.