Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Air Con help, please

Rees' Mum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi Guys,
My son Rees recently purchased his pride and joy, a VS Statesman. All was going well till a week or so when the statey started to over heat and the thermatic fan would not engage and air con wouldn't work. He took it off to an auto elec and was told it was probably the condenser leaking and air con was out of gas, cost for repair and re-gas $450 uggh. I just want to know that my young statey driver is not getting ripped off coz of his age and lack of air con knowledge. If anyone can offer me some advice it would be great.

Cheers
Rees' Mum

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
V6 or V8? The fans are independent of the airconditioning compressor (except that they are supposed to turn on when the airconditioning is turned on). I'd get them fixed first before worrying about possible problems with the compressor.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
That price seems pretty good however that may not fix the overheating problem as the fans should have come on as soon as the car got hot. I'd be more worried about fixing the overheating problem before worrying about the aircon - you can get a lot of help from this forum if your son wants to try fixing it himself and saving a lot of $$$$.

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
vslll v6 2000 olympic series ute, 1997 pajero 3.5l
hey next thing i would be looking at is the thermostat and the fuse for the thermo fans as if the fuse for the fan is blown it will overheat and also stop the aircon from working

Rees' Mum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your help, will let you know how we go

Cheers

Rees' Mum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi Guys,
picking up the Statey today, final cost $500. They tell me they have checked the fans and changed the relay and are working, so here is hoping. Thanks for all your advice.

Cheers
Rees' Mum