Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS center bore size in millimeters

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Thats ok mate we dont mind a bit of arguing on here,the way they determin the center bore is they use pythagores rule which is measured halfway from the furthest stud holes, and the hole in the wheel would then be about half of that size.I know its all technical jargon but your right its easy as just measuring the hole in the wheel,but the size of the hubs and studs are not the same in every car thats why you need to measure it to make sure your wheels can fit onto it cheers.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
The center bore isnt the actual size of the bloody hole I know that,what Im saying is that halfway from one stud to halfway to the furthest stud is how you measurer the center bore which is 120mm for a 5 stud pattern.This part of the wheel is called the center bore.

Well you seem to have a different method to the industry because on every wheel web site they list the hole in the centre of the wheel as the centre bore.

Don't shoot me, google it and see for your self.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
If you draw the five studs like on a wheel and then draw a circle starting in the center of the stud and then threw all the five studs so you end up with a circle which is called the PITCH CIRCLE DIAMETOR,thats known as the center bore.

93VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive SI
THE PCD is NOT the same as the centre bore. They are 2 separate measurements hence why the centre bore (CB) and pitch circle diameter (PCD) are listed separately.
CE29lQWk28KGrHqUOKowE0fe4jMQtBNTSLhRBYQ_12.jpg

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
AFIK Commodore Centre hubs are 69.5mm pre VE and 66.9mm VE.
Doesn't answer your question but hope it helps.

Pre VE is actually 69.7mm not 69.5.

Davie_92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore
AFIK Commodore Centre hubs are 69.5mm pre VE and 66.9mm VE.
Doesn't answer your question but hope it helps.
Hi just trying to figure out where would I buy a 69.5mm alloy die tool for my ve wheels so they can go on a vy commodore

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Hi just trying to figure out where would I buy a 69.5mm alloy die tool

What do you mean by die tool? People generally have to take VE wheels somewhere to have the centre bore machined out to fit pre-VE.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i have seen on youtube via ls1gto forum a bloke used a router with the right bit to remove the lip from a g8 (ve commodore) rim to fit a gto (vy/vz monaro) in the states