Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore changing rear speakers

harvs01

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6, with 19' VY Maloo Mags
vs rear speaker assembling

:whistling in fitting 6x9' speakers in the parcel shelf you will need to take out the rear seat, then there are 3 push buttons just behind the top of the rear seat take em out and the shelf should slide back out towards you, this way you can make sure your measurement are correct, you made need a speak shelf to put your 6x9' in so it doesnt hit the metal part inside the boot where it will fit into. thats how i did mine, if pictures are required e-mail me [email protected] and will send you some

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Now I know why I see so many bloody commoders with the grilles off , seriously , pull the seat out and the shelf and put them in properly , it takes like 20 minutes tops !
3 screws for the speakers.
5 clips for the shelf and 2 bolts for the seats.

Nastas

Reaction score
In all honesty removing the rear seat is the easiest and quickest way..... It isnt easy to remove a 6' speaker through a 5 1/2' hole... First time i replaced rear speakers i just pulled out the cover and did it that way.... took ages and was a real bitch.... second time i removed the rear seat and parcel tray.... removed old speakers and put new in and it took me half the time and was alot less fiddling..... This was the first time i had ever removed the rear seat of a car and i had no trouble so you shuddnt have n e trouble with this

C

Caine77

Trying to take out the rear seats in my vs where are the bolts for the rear seats i cant find them anywhere???

S

sick_vt

Jump in the back of your car facing the boot squatting on the floor You'll have to do this on the driver side and the passengers side. Push the bottom part of the seat back towards the boot then up (using some muscle). You should feel the seat unclip. Do this on both sides and the seat should then pull out.

For the rest of the rear seats, you'll see a couple of U shaped pieces of steel at the base with a bolt in each one. Undo the bolts then lift the seat up. The seats should be free to remove.

You'll notice some grey clips holding down the rear parcel shelf. Remove these. Then remove the shelf. Be careful that you don't 'snap' the shelf when pulling it out. Take care!

Now you can easily remove and install speakers.

Cheers
sick_vt

wayne thomas

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman 5L
Hey everyone, i havr a 94 5L stato. Dose#anyone know where the other 2 speakets are, ive only found 6 n it meant to have eight...
Also im lookin for the stock tape unit n cd stacker. ( eurovox 1O stack ) to keep it original. Any one who may have one that they dont mind selling/swapping let me know.. Can buy good units on ebay

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Assuming you're not counting the front tweeters in the 6 speakers you've found, the tweeters + front door components + rear door speakers + rear parcel shelf speakers make up your 8 speakers. Most car manufacturers do this - for example, my car is supposed to have a 7 speaker sound system - 7 speakers + centre dash speaker + front tweeters + front door components + rear door speakers.