Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs commodore opera house edition

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
I believe the A9Q on the end of the model number makes it a limited edition special. Really the only inarguable proof would come from the build sheet which will be under the carpet either in the front passenger footwell or under the back seat. Not sure how much luck you’d have getting someone to stuff around pulling that out for you, but if the guy is trying to sell it as rare it’s to his advantage to have that proof anyway so ask.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
The VLs were only V8 but I can’t speak for any other model because until about 10 minutes ago I didn’t know they existed!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
You could try talking to Holden, give vin # and they should be able to to tell you what was factory fitted and even if there is such a limited edition model .

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi afstruct,

I think you'll find that on a general enquiry with Holden they will no longer have all the info on hand as a few years ago they swapped software and in the process lost lots of information. It's only if you make a paid enquiry through their History department where they will go back into the manual paper archives and look it up for you, but for that you'll pay a premium.

Try getting a glove box key number from them ? impossible.

BTW, the VIN will only tell you what style of body, Sedan, Wagon or Ute. Luxury level eg. Exec, Berlina or Calais, Engine type 6, 8.
It will not explain any option packs that the vehicle is fitted with. That info is on the build plate if it was done at factory level on the assembly line, but if done by the dealer, which many option packs are then it will not be noted officially anywhere in the records nor the car itself, unless there's a special plate fitted as is the case with all officially built HDT and HSV vehicles.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
For those who love to dig deeper on vehicle numbers, check out the following link,

http://www.holdenhistoricalservices.com.au/about-us/holden-historical-services

This is where all the owners of Monaro's and Torana's etc. get their GMH vehicle authentication from.

It's a bit of a trip down memory lane and certainly does explain some of the ways production was set out in each state and will expel many myths that have been folk law for way too long.

Enjoy !

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Ok ,that might explain why he said he could find details as we were talking about my maloo and it was a few years ago . I didn't have #s with me at the time and I never followed it up .
I know my electric windows are after market , so two options that might be factory fit and not retrow fitted are second level stereo with electric aerial and up/down switches and electric mirrors and I think they're retrow fitted as mirror housing were not colour coded.
I think second owner got them installed along with a hsv tub liner which I believe only became available with the vs III.
One strange thing with it is it doesn't have a leather gear stick nob which I thought was standard .