Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs commodore opera house edition

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Thinking more about it now, why would anyone go to the effort of faking up an opera house edition? Unique though they may be, I’m not sure it’d be the first flavour of commodore I’d think of if I was going to take up car fraud as a hobby. Also, I’ve just noticed the dash badge sits flush with the dash - and the recess for it is quite long - longer than any other badge (executive etc, which are raised on the dash anyway) which says to me at the very least the dash belongs to an opera house edition.

One strange thing with it is it doesn't have a leather gear stick nob which I thought was standard .
They wear out eventually- especially in manuals and/or if they’re covered in soft materials like leather. Wedding rings (being on your gear changing hand) eventually shred them. The gear stick knob fell apart in my hands in my old Celica years ago and it would have been in use for about 20 years at that point, about the age a VS would be now. It was probably changed for this reason or simply because the previous owner saw one they liked the look of on a Supercheap excursion one day.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Na , mine's auto, so much less likely to be mucked around with, auto still should have leather cover.
Bought maloo in 2012 as I believe a two previous owner car with 85k on clock , second owner bought it in 1999 from suttons. No service history between 10k and 40k but then middle of 2001 , 42700k by suttons and then very complete, regular , low mileage services.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
One strange thing with it is it doesn't have a leather gear stick nob which I thought was standard .
Given the other things that have been changed I don’t think it’s a big surprise the gear knob has too. They probably sold it on eBay, have you seen the price of them?!

Jackpavlich219

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
IMG_0601.JPG
IMG_0603.JPG
IMG_0599.JPG
I can confirm there is a vs opera edition this is mine

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Does it come with sails or anything special.other than just badges ?
Heavy duty springs for when it's over after the fat lady sings?
Looks a bit rough on the pictures or just needs a good clean?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Looks like an S Pac.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Don`t they stamp plates like the one on the left?
That plate is engraved.

Jackpavlich219

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
It's straight asf just needs abit of TLC only Just brought it and its original as ****, factory ss body kit not spac with a factory rear roof visor and vr clubby wheels I think

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
On the face of it, it seems a pretty pointless marketing special, which Holden has been pushing over the years under a variety of names. It sure doesn't add any real financial value to the cars, just curiosity value as per this thread. It was easy to make up these "limited edition" packages in years gone by because standard equipment levels were so low. Bung in air, auto, last year's alloys and a badge or two and bingo! In marketing speak, the latest "special, limited edition" for fifty bucks more than a basic Executive.
In reality, big deal.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Last edited: