Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs commodore rear speakers

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Yeah there's no speakers in the doors. The 6" ones you have should fit perfectly. I have 6.5" in the back of mine and from memory I had to make wooden spacer blocks (screw block to parcel shelf, then speaker into block, etc) so they sit up a tiny bit. but still underneath the parcel shelf.

Just whatever you do, DON'T CUT THE PARCEL SHELF IN ANY WAY. Voids your rego, insurance, etc etc.

have a search around next time, try this thread for info on removing the door trims / installing front speakers.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/removing-front-door-trim-vn-vs.3912

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
ohh ok, i didnt no they didnt have speakers in the rear doors, i thought all commo's did but anywho, so the vs commo's only came with 2 speakers?? i thought maybe if they came with 4 all u have to do is replace them

they have 4 speakers. some even have six. theres 2 tweeters in the dash, 2 in the front door and 2 on the rear parcel shelf

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
6x9's dont go well with subs anyway,they cancel out some of the bass from what ive read,better off sticking with 6 inchs all round

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
6x9's dont go well with subs anyway,they cancel out some of the bass from what ive read,better off sticking with 6 inchs all round

yep spot on, if you're running a sub doen't use 6x9s

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Ive got 6x9's in my vs and use to have 6" in my old vr, the bass is ALOT louder than it was in the vr but that may also be due to them running off separate amps. All depends on what your running i would think