Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS commodore set up trouble..

slmdvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67 super6
Hey guys, so I have a vs berlina.. in the boot i have a custom built box containing 4x pioneer champion series sub, and 2 kenwood 1800w amps. I have had this set up for a long time it pushes 147.9 DB.. its crazy loud. But recently my slave amp has been cutting out at high volume, and the 2x subs that are running off that amp are cutting out too. Now i have checked all my wiring, earths, power everything its all good. Im running 4ga power from battery ( a big optima one ) under bonnet to a distribution block then 2x 4ga out to the amps.. also the same with Earth, running 1x 4ga from a good earth to a distribution block and then 2x 4ga earths out to the amps.. I have a master amp that runs the other amp via another remote lead and line in/line out cables... Does anyone have any other ideas why it would be cutting out ? any help would be appreciated!

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Measure the resistance of the subs, they might be slightly cooked and the resistance has lowered which would cause the amp to cut out.

slmdvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67 super6
Cheers guys, surely enough checked the resistance of one of the subs and its stuffed.. was causing the amp to cut out.. cheers!