Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS commodore ute model number help

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Exec24 can you please look mine up? 718115. I used the number off the windscreen I assume this is the same number as under the bonnet.

ok looking it up now

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
That's very strange, why would anyone take standard tank out and put smaller tank in unless you were making one very animal/ mortified ute.
Would have thought you'd get a bit better economy than that, I got 9.5 to 11l in mine and while I didn't thrash it I drove it without caring about fuel economy .

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
you can look it up yourself to get basic info
https://vindecoder.eu/holden[/QU

What an absolute joke that useless site is. Basically it tells you it's a car and they can't even spell the word "brakes" correctly.

Must have been set up by an apprentice with too much spare time on his hands.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
yours comes up as a base model too, no ABS etc

send me your email and i'll send you what comes up

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Don't do it , it's a Holden.
Even in America it's more Holden than chev because more of a drivers car and styling is not over the top which they'd prefer

Hence the tongue poke.

There is nothing Chev about it.....despite what some people think.

Just shows the value of that site, esp with other results posted above.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That's very strange, why would anyone take standard tank out and put smaller tank in unless you were making one very animal/ mortified ute.
Would have thought you'd get a bit better economy than that, I got 9.5 to 11l in mine and while I didn't thrash it I drove it without caring about fuel economy .

It could be as low as 11 hard to say for sure, exact economy. Id have to fill it to the brim and drive it 200km and then see what it takes. But it's a mongrel thing to fill takes me 15mins because of the trickling. I haven't replaced the O2 sensor and I suspect it's pretty old. It is on the list of to do's.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hence the tongue poke.

Yeah , figured you were having a little joke/ jab , but I still had to say it .
For people who think chev great ( don't get me wrong I love some of their models , would love an early c3 corvette) but they helped pull pin on Aussie built cars ( they are the parent company ) but have not backed that up with making available any decent models for importation/replacement.
Not one new Holden model I'd buy.
Their traditional / main rival Ford , ranger 4x, little hot hatch fiesta st, hot hatch focus st , hotter hatch focus rs, ops maybe a sore point because Holden have followed fords bad 80s decision no v8 , mustang gt v8 !! I think that means it's not a turbo v6 fwd

Ops , I think I've had another rant!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah, Chev have a long list of great cars from decades ago.

But it is GM that is the big kahuna. Chev is simply another division of GM. Just like Buick, Cadillac et al.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
I have a buick regal hood ornament..Ive gone out a few times with a big assed drill, then thought nah better not..... its a little to far left of wankville :D

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
True, but that just makes it worse because there's still nothing worth importing ( doesn't mean there's no decent cars but not economically viable or easily converted) .
There was not enough forward planning ,
Ford at least planned it with availability of factory rhd mustang ( or they at least ased it to make it look like good planning).