Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS commodore ute model number help

Stevo97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE S2 Ute
Hey

I bought a 1998 VS commodore it’s not long ago and was told it was an S pac and I’ve been trying to search up the model number to see if I can find anything on it but haven’t found anything.

The model number is
VS8VK80-011

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
can you send me the last 6 digits of the VIN, i'll look it up

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
S, SS, Clubsport, Manta, and couple of others will all come up as Executive/base model Commodores on VIN decoders as that was what they were based on.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My VR ute is supposed to be an S Pac. But there I'm not 100% certain as there is nothing like a an S badge or anything to identify it. I was told it is an S because it has a few upgrades that the S would normally have.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Have been told by local Holden dealers spares parts guys that supply vin # and they can tell you everything that was factory fitted and therefore factory specs / model .

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Sadly all the Glove box key numbers that GMH had on file have been lost while changing software in their system and so has quite a bit of other stuff. All they have now is general info on each vehicle but not the comprehensive stuff they used to have as they consider it as "not worth having"

BTW an Acclaim is also noted as an " Executive" as to add to the above list of vehicles that RJK posted.

Cheers

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
My VR ute is supposed to be an S Pac. But there I'm not 100% certain as there is nothing like a an badge or anything to identify it. I was told it is an S because it has a few upgrades that the S would normally have.

well ive looked it up i comes up as a base model executive, not a S Pack. It’s a column shift auto, white ute with bench seat, fleet orders , with steel wheels from factory

so no factory options apart from probably A/C and is a late model series 2

i'll post a few screenshots tonight

Last edited:

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
s pac utes upgrades were.. taco cruise control speed alert bucket seats and alloys wheels

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mine has taco, cruise, central locking, alloys but a bench seat. Also has pin stripe, tub liner and the plastic thing over the back window. Not sure how much if not all was added later.