Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS dash wiring

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The yellow black wire from the 4th plug runs across the dash to the engine loom plug under the glove box. If this plug is unplugged the car will not start. If you take the side vent off the passengers side of the dash you should be able to see the engine loom plug. The yellow black will go into the emplty slot (you will need to have a lug on the end of the wire that fits the plug).

alajhotrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
Started car and Temp. light stays on and beeps and my highbeam light stays on when i start car got loom on ebay looked good but must be something wrong someone just put a thread up about the same thing MUST BE FIXABLE help again. Allan

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you have fitted a L3 loom to your car the A/C wont plug in and the head lights will not work. To get your car to work as it should without creating more issues - take the L3 loom out and cut the wires for the 4th plug and switch block where they connect to the loom. Then using the wire diagram from the "tripin" thread joint in the wires to your L2 loom.

I've made well over 60 VR/VS patch looms and grafting in the L3 wires into your loom is by far the best way. All other methods lead to more issues to resolve.

alajhotrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
Its not a L3 Loom it was made for the swap from L2 to L3 my a/c works fine and my headlights work high and low beam but highbeam light and temp. light stay on and it beeps can this be fixed? thanks Allan.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
who sold you the loom? shane makes them ive had no issues with any shane has made AFAIK he's the only one to sell them on ebay

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its not a L3 Loom it was made for the swap from L2 to L3 my a/c works fine and my headlights work high and low beam but highbeam light and temp. light stay on and it beeps can this be fixed? thanks Allan.

You No 3 plug may be up side down (orange plug on the RHS).

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Ah eys the dreaded which way did that go??? Its goo to mark which colour wires are in each corner so you know to put it back the right way

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Orange white top left (well the second one in) for the No 3 connector.

alajhotrod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice
Huntermotasport sold me the loom and that is where my trouble is there is a extra wire in the 3 dash connectors a wrong coloured wire in the 4th plug and 2 wires around the wrong way in the 3rd connector what is happening is when you put on the handbrake the power light comes on when you press the power button the abs brake light comes on and the fuel gauge is on full full and centre digtal screen is just showing a backwards L and a little L next to each other i think the trip button is working and when key is off shows klms and when key is on shows how far you can go till empty? What do i do fix the 2 wires that are around wrong way and dissconnect the 3 extra wires? i have a diagram but cannot get it on here so if you want a look send me your email no. Please help thanks Allan.

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Huntermotasport sold me the loom and that is where my trouble is there is a extra wire in the 3 dash connectors a wrong coloured wire in the 4th plug and 2 wires around the wrong way in the 3rd connector what is happening is when you put on the handbrake the power light comes on when you press the power button the abs brake light comes on and the fuel gauge is on full full and centre digtal screen is just showing a backwards L and a little L next to each other i think the trip button is working and when key is off shows klms and when key is on shows how far you can go till empty? What do i do fix the 2 wires that are around wrong way and dissconnect the 3 extra wires? i have a diagram but cannot get it on here so if you want a look send me your email no. Please help thanks Allan.

Email sent.