Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs driver side lock actuator.

deanvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE T5 MANUAL 3.8 ecotec
is the driver side door and passenger side door Lock actuator's the same ? my question is can i put a passenger side door Lock actuator in the driver side door ? or are they diff ??? HELP

would vn and vs door Lock actuators be the same DRIVERS DOOR I MEAN ???

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
I believe not. The drivers actuator controls all 4 door actuators, where the passenger side actuator does what its told from the drivers actuator. Hope this helps.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
You can use a slave in the drivers door but the system wont work as it should, it wil lock/unlock the doors via the keyfob but the headlight flash ect wont be right and you cant control all the door locks from inside the car via the drivers door. I did it for a few mhs till I found a control actuator that worked...not sure if it changed but from my searches the controller actuators had a green tip the slave has a white one.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Well, my understanding is that the bare actuators themselves are all the same. I recently replaced the drivers door actuator in my wife's VS Clubsport with one from the passenger side and it works fine. Some posts on the subject actually recommend fitting a passenger actuator on the basis that it would have been through less wear and tear compared to the driver side. However, you should note that the actuators for VS Series 1 and Series 2 are different with different connectors. Also, when I was looking around for a replacement it was almost impossible to source a driver door actuator.

Not sure what Wozza means by "controlling all the door locks from inside the car". You can certainly lock all the other doors using the driver side lock but need to use the remote to unlock the doors. Will have to check it out in my Calais when I get a minute to see if there is any difference.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
The one in the link is white tip so its a slave
you can see the green tip (just) in the first pic
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-C..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c4b4c670&_uhb=1
and another set
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VN-VP-VR..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item233602366a&_uhb=1

Not sure what Wozza means by "controlling all the door locks from inside the car". You can certainly lock all the other doors using the driver side lock but need to use the remote to unlock the doors. Will have to check it out in my Calais when I get a minute to see if there is any difference.
Hmmmm well on my VR it wouldn't lock the doors from inside and you will notice the indicators wont flash when you lock the doors with the fob (headlights tail lights still do)....... but all lights flashed twice on unlock.....

Last edited:

deanvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
thank you for sharing your info Australia

fixed to day $20 actuator from wreckers.

and it was a white tip one, works, fine only thing is indicators dont flash when locking n unlocking Cheers DeanVS

Last edited:

deanvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks

Wozza

thanks

BlackVXGTS

&

doigs8

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The BCM controls the flashing of the indicators. You may have another fault. PM me with your email address and I'll send you a wiring diagram and diagnostic test sheet.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
The BCM controls the flashing of the indicators. You may have another fault. PM me with your email address and I'll send you a wiring diagram and diagnostic test sheet.
Na a soon as I replaced it with the correct actuator all was working as it should ;)