Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Fuel pump- Walbro Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
Hi all having pump problems and figure while i'm changing it may as well upgrade, but walbro have two pumps which seem very similar the gss341 and 342 i believe one ov these is for the commie but i'm not sure which one anyone have a clue?
Cheers....

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
I fitted the GSS 342 about a month ago to my VS V6. req's a little modification to the cradle and the wiring in the kit is much better. I pretty much rewired the pump in place right up to the plug. Other then that any backyarder with basic spanner skills can fit it! Im sure the Bosch 040 is an equivalent too.

I went all out and also bought new std replacement regulator, new injectors, new fuel filter, and new 02 sensors. From my experience you will prob find that the extra pressure of the walbro will cause your stock, old fuel reg to bleed thru and also the stock old injectors may dribble extra fuel into the chambers...so yea, just a heads up for you.

Good luck, im open to more questions if u so need!

p.s. my GSS 342 makes a sweet buzzing sound that i rekon sounds kool hehe!

Gilbs

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The question really should be, why do you need it? The 342 is pretty much a direct swap over but is made to handle up to 600hp, which I doubt you have any where near.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
The question really should be, why do you need it? The 342 is pretty much a direct swap over but is made to handle up to 600hp, which I doubt you have any where near.

When you get offered a genuine one from a mate for $150 how can you say no? they retail for $200+ :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
When you get offered a genuine one from a mate for $150 how can you say no? they retail for $200+ :)
Hate to burst your bubble, but you can get them buy it now on ebay for $148 and I think paradox paid even less.

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
How would you know?

Making comment on someone you have not a clue about, you also critisize rev 231 when he is giving money to his mate insted of some yank he doesn't know, Good form for a site addmin!

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Making comment on someone you have not a clue about, you also critisize rev 231 when he is giving money to his mate insted of some yank he doesn't know, Good form for a site addmin!
I was actually talking about you mate, not REV-231. Also the ebay companies are in Australia, not the US.

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
I realise that, if you read the post again you'll see i mention both of us. All i'm saying is we come here for help and ideas and all you seem to bring is a patronising attitude.
If you don't want to help then don't reply to the posts.
And i'd still rather give my mate an extra 10, 20, or 30 Dollars rather than some company who sells hundreds of parts for a living regardless of what side of the equator he's on.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Lazin, what i believe AirStrike is saying is, most standard parts of the engine are actually quite good for 200kws, it doesnt mean that u cant upgrade as ur doin.. but he is just letting u kno facts and prices of alternatives.. a lot of ppl upgrade injectors, but u dont have to as they're fine unless ur over the 200rwkw mark.. then u'll need to do injectors, pump, pressure reg.. etc.. glad ur giving ur mate the cash too, keeping a look out for him, n he'll do the same

make a lil sense? :)

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
I kind of got that. its just the condicending way of putting it, He doesn't know what i drive.
But thanx for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.