Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] Vs l67 conversion

Discussion in 'V6 Development And Modification' started by Tim Jennings, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Tim Jennings

Tim Jennings New Member

Members Ride:
    Vs ute v6
    Hi gang . Little info required please. I have a vs auto ute. I have fitted a complete vs ecotec statesman loom in the ute. I have obtained a s/c l67 engine and auto from a vx calais. I have also Obtained a vs statesman l67 engine loom. Now the tricky part. I have the following ecu's. I have the standard ecotec vs statesman ecu. And I have the ecu from the vx calais that the l67 and auto came from. Also have a chip marked 'vt hsv xu6 supercharged', and I purchased a mace tuned chip for stage 2 cam 69 throttle body etc. ( work that's going to get done to mine). Can I use either of those ecu's with one of these chips, or do I have to buy a vs supercharged ecu and fit chip into that.
    Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers. Tim

2. _R_J_K_

_R_J_K_ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Zenki S14
    None of those ECUs or memcals are interchangeable. At a minimum you need to get any VS auto ECU (the Statesman one will be fine) and get a VS supercharged memcal, either the factory one or get somebody to burn you one, you can't use the VT or VX memcal. Either that or just get an entire VS S/C ECU that comes with the memcal.

3. Tim Jennings

Tim Jennings New Member

Members Ride:
    Vs ute v6
    Thank you very much rjk for your input. Ok... I clearly didn't mention (late night for me and tired) that the mace tuned chip was for a vs l67 with stage 2 cam and throttle body. Soooo! your saying I can use that chip in the stock standard statesman vs (ecotec) auto ECU!!!!!

4. Utel67

Utel67 Active Member

Members Ride:
    Vs s3 ute
    Yes you can use that chip in the Ecotec ecu.

5. Tim Jennings

Tim Jennings New Member

Members Ride:
    Vs ute v6
    Thank you very much utel67